Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after searching several of the threads here, I'm still looking for the right exhaust for me.
I have a (987.2) 2009 2.9 Cayman pdk.

I've read, for example, that some of the exhaust systems fit the 987.1, but not the 987.2.
I'm also looking for one that isn't too loud at the low rpm's, for city driving.
I've narrowed it to fabspeed or borla, I think.
Anyone happen to have one of these who has a car SIMILAR to mine, a 987.2 cayman/boxter (espec if it's a 2.9)?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I believe you can listen to the fabspeed if you go to their website (although it is the "S" model). You are correct, the Gen I Cayman exhaust does not fit the Gen II cars.

I think the Borla is under development, but I have not seen an update lately.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I have a Fabspeed on a 3.4 PDK. It looks like this is the system for you (plus, are the new Borlas even out yet?). Remus is coming out soon-ish.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
On the Fabspeed 987 kit, beware of the V band clamps an the head pipes and the broad band clamp on the crossover joint between the mufflers. The V band clamps must be very tight, properly seated, and the joints well butted in or they will leak and make noise/drone! I would even recommend some old fashioned muffler cement compound inside these clamps to plug any leakage. The crossover slip joints similarly must be forced all the way in or the tightening gap will leak! Some of the muffler cement I mentioned helps here also. None of this may be really necessary, but any leaks will make this system very loud and the cabin drone on a Cayman may be objectionable. A well installed Fabspeed exhaust will have a beautiful sound/appearance and noticeable power/mileage boost.

·
Banned
560 Posts
Thank you for the positive compliments on our Maxflo exhaust system guys! This cat-back muffler includes 2ndary catbypass pipes and dual-style tips, available in either polished or black chrome. This direct replacement for the factory mufflers will increase power by +8HP and dramatically improve sports car sound. As Gasman stated, all V-band clamps and ACCU-seal clamps should be thoroughly tightened and rechecked after your first drive cycle to ensure no leaks or air purges are present.
If you have any questions or need additional information on performance products for your Boxster/Cayman, please don't hesititate to P.M. or email [email protected].

Visit Fabspeed.com/Boxster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts