Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I'm a resident lurker here at Planet 9, Rennlist and 6speed however I finally decided to make my introduction since ownership of my 2015 Cayman S.

Prior to my Cayman S, I've owned a few heavily modified cars which photos will be posted below.

• Audi B6 A4 1.8l - 2l conversion with GT3076 turbo and fully built.

_DSC4913 by Cripple2013, on Flickr

_DSC4928 by Cripple2013, on Flickr

• BMW 2009 335i Coupe (N54) with 422RWHP on Meth

DSC_0049 by Cripple2013, on Flickr

DSC_0044 by Cripple2013, on Flickr

• BMW 2014 BMW M235i - Kinda modded.

I've been in a fixed operations Position for my local Porsche dealer for the last 3 years and have been recently forced into buying a Porsche :hilarious:. I hope to contribute in regards to service bulletins, retrofit options and as well as in the aftermarket department! Our dealer loves after market performance!

Anyways, I bought my Cayman S pretty naked - No Nav, no bad audio just full leather Bi Xenons and a couple other small things. I had planned on modifying it anyways, so as much of a stripper version I could get was my intention.

Here was how I took it home...

A couple days later I did X73 suspension and GTS / Clear rear lights

A few days later I installed my Sport Design Alcantara steering wheel

Now... I have my wheels waiting to go for finishing at my local wheel shop.
20x8.5 Front
20x10 Rear

I've also got PSE waiting to be installed at my shop, just been to busy to get it installed.

I plan on completing a XPEL front film (Full bumper/hood fenders and rear quarters) and at some point ordering the carbon interior and GTS rear valence.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Second on the rims. Nice.

Congrats. The Sports Wheel is next for me, as I just did the x73 a couple weeks ago. Sliding slope..... (Just ran into a 996 owner a couple months ago that dropped $35K into his motor....for FUN....yeeesh)

Oh...and get the GTS diffuser/apron installed or DIY. Big difference appearance wise. Lemon has them. Talk with him.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Second on the rims. Nice.

Congrats. The Sports Wheel is next for me, as I just did the x73 a couple weeks ago. Sliding slope..... (Just ran into a 996 owner a couple months ago that dropped $35K into his motor....for FUN....yeeesh)

Oh...and get the GTS diffuser/apron installed or DIY. Big difference appearance wise. Lemon has them. Talk with him.
Thanks! The wheels I'll release specs later when I have them completed!

The diffuser I can get from my work for lets say... inexpensive..

·
Registered
798 Posts
Congrats on the new car...the way you've already started modding I think I may subscribe to this thread...

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you want to unload your old wheels, hit me up with a PM. I am specifically looking for a set of your old ones.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Really liking the red interior with the black steering wheel.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nice run of BMWs and modified cars...would love to hear your driving impressions / outline of major +/- vs the Cayman. I have a buddy who is a big Bimmer fan - been thru multiple M3/M4s, 335, etc. While he enjoyed test drives of base 911, he could not bring himself to pay so much for the options he would want...and he really needed some back seat room. BMW really loads you up on the gizmos.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice run of BMWs and modified cars...would love to hear your driving impressions / outline of major +/- vs the Cayman. I have a buddy who is a big Bimmer fan - been thru multiple M3/M4s, 335, etc. While he enjoyed test drives of base 911, he could not bring himself to pay so much for the options he would want...and he really needed some back seat room. BMW really loads you up on the gizmos.
I do love the drive of the Cayman, specifically with X73. The handling is absolutely bar none and you can really tell a difference from a sports coupe to a true sports car. I do miss the high torque levels and all the gizmos, but I realized I used the navigation maybe twice in both of my BMW's.

I am very happy with my purchase to say the least, however as time goes on I may need a back seat. Getting married next year... God I'm getting old.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Welcome to the club!

I am very happy with my purchase to say the least, however as time goes on I may need a back seat. Getting married next year... God I'm getting old.
Just find a wife with bigger car. No need then to loose yours! :)

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
welcome - i believe there's a few who have funneled through audi's and bimmers.

congrats on the Cayman - the red is nice.

and love the wheels.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Yup! Pretty aggressive offsets and the tires I'm running 255/35/20 and 285/30/20
How do you like the rear look? I'm running the same tire on my rear and plan to move from /30 to /35. I'm not happy with the /30.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Congrats!

Very nice cars you had there before, especially the BMW. I too came from a BMW (E92 335i). BMW makes great street daily cars that have a bit more sporty feel to them -- more power, a bit stiffer here and there -- but just different from these P-cars. These Caymans are more like sportscars that can be driven as daily drivers. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well today was a good day! Cquartz and wheels!

I prepped the car earlier yesterday with a max suds wash from CarPro using their Marino Wool Mitt (highly recommended!!). After wards I proceeded to do an Iron-X wash. Pulled all those nasty deposits out!

Followed up with another cold wash with max suds!

Than I broke out the Griots DA polisher and fixed the entire car with CarPro reflect (another amazing product!) on their high gloss white pad speed 4.5.

Following I did a full wipe with CarPro eraser to pull off any potential wax or oil on the car for a clean surface for my CQuartz to bond too. I think the results are out standing, and Cquartz is one hell of a product! Highly recommend!!

Gloss levels threw the roof!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yesterday was absolutely incredible. I ended up driving through a rain storm while doing me and my fiancee's engagement photos and was not only was I blown away - my fiancee was in awh that the water literally rolls off the car. The rain simply beads and rolls off and than the car is dry. It's like nothing I've ever seen before!

I cannot believe how amazing CQuartz is. To anyone considering it, DO IT!!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts