Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger on a set of these. Can't decide between them and OEM Sport Designs. Anyway, does anyone have a pic of the gunmetal 19"s on guards red? I saw a post where someone ordered them. Have you received them? What do you think? Pics?

Also, where is the best place to buy these wheels?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
I ordered these in gunmetal and I also have the guards red CS but unfortunately, I won't be installing them until end of summer or there abouts. Sorry I can't help but I have to imagine they will look pretty good without the maintenance.

I currently have black wheels and they look great but they are a pain to keep clean which is why I went with the gunmetal. If you don't mind the constant cleaning, then I'd go with the black as I think that looks best.

I hope this helps a little. Good luck!
-Moto

I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger on a set of these. Can't decide between them and OEM Sport Designs. Anyway, does anyone have a pic of the gunmetal 19"s on guards red? I saw a post where someone ordered them. Have you received them? What do you think? Pics?

Also, where is the best place to buy these wheels?

Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
I ordered these in gunmetal and I also have the guards red CS but unfortunately, I won't be installing them until end of summer or there abouts. Sorry I can't help but I have to imagine they will look pretty good without the maintenance.

I currently have black wheels and they look great but they are a pain to keep clean which is why I went with the gunmetal. If you don't mind the constant cleaning, then I'd go with the black as I think that looks best.

I hope this helps a little. Good luck!
-Moto
Moto, What size and offset did you go with? If 19's, you should send them to me.

What are you doing with your black rims?

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Hey Coal,

I went with 19's. These are the specs:

Style: Forgestar F14 (flow formed) Finish: Gunmetal Size: 19x10 (rear) 19x8.5 (front) Offsets: 36 (rear) 50 (front) Center cap selection: CF Vehicle: 2006 Porsche Cayman S

As for the black rims, I'll be keeping them. I like to change the look every so often. It keeps me from wanting to purchase a new car every couple years. :)

You should get a set of F14's from Matt (from the group buy). They seem to be a good deal. Either that or keep an eye on the classifieds. There seem to be good deals popping up every so often.

Good luck!

-Moto

Moto, What size and offset did you go with? If 19's, you should send them to me.

What are you doing with your black rims?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I should be getting my 19inch f14 this week or next. Will post pic once i get them installed.
Please post a review once you've got them on.

Seems the happy people are keepin' quiet for the most part, and the unhappy people are makin' their complaints known.

I have a set of 19" F14's on order, and I guess I'm feelin' a little uncomfortable because of the guys that aren't happy. I hopin' for some reassurance.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
You aren't kidding. I'm tempted to put on tires now (versus waiting) just to make sure things work out.

-Moto

I have a set of 19" F14's on order, and I guess I'm feelin' a little uncomfortable because of the guys that aren't happy. I hopin' for some reassurance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts