Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first post here. Ive been lurking for months, stealing your info and searching for a Cayman. Finally found it. Drove a rental 300 miles Friday and drove back in the Cayman. Bad storms and bad traffic in Tennessee but I made it . Still dirty but here is a pic.
ff4c8df0-8f10-4d1a-9170-a54539c7210f_zpseexscwqb.jpg

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Sort of posted in a hurry because I got a phone call in the middle. Could have give some more info. Its an 08 S, manual 6 speed with black interior. Around 60k miles. Thats more than I wanted but I was having a hard time finding the right car, the right color, right options and the right miles. With that many miles I was sure that on the way home the water pump would go, then the AOS followed by the shifter cables breaking and the IMS exploding. I bought it and drove it home anyway. :naughty:

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Here's wishing you to be trouble free for at least 100K miles more.

Thanks guys. Sort of posted in a hurry because I got a phone call in the middle. Could have give some more info. Its an 08 S, manual 6 speed with black interior. Around 60k miles. Thats more than I wanted but I was having a hard time finding the right car, the right color, right options and the right miles. With that many miles I was sure that on the way home the water pump would go, then the AOS followed by the shifter cables breaking and the IMS exploding. I bought it and drove it home anyway. :naughty:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats! :cheers:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the positive comments. Its going to rain most of the week so it will not get that "cleaning it deserves" until that stops. I want to add that I am impressed by the quality of this forum. Lots of knowledge and guys willing to share it. I sort of hate that I dont have that knowledge to contribute. I will try to not be a pest with too many questions.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice car! Looks like previous owner already put on the grille guards with led for you too!
Thanks. I do not care for the LED thing. I am looking for some fog lights and bezel parts to return the appearance to stock. Not sure whats involved with that. May have to see if anyone can fill me in on that. Mesh guards are ok, its the LEDs I dont like.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Good luck with your new purchase. Did you get any maintenance history with the car? It would be good to go through replacing all the fluids if there is no history, and plugs too.

Rob

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks. Some history but not a full history. I am the 4th owner. I do plan on doing fluids in the near future. I will search the forum for the tips on doing that.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on the new car! These things are SUPER fun
On day 5, I have to agree on the fun part. Still exploring. I tried a CD today but it was not seen by the deck. It was self recorded so that may be the problem. Or maybe it just did not like Pink Floyd. Will try a bought one tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. It looks great! Sorry about the bad weather you encountered in Tennessee. It's been mostly sunny, dry, and temps in the 50s, 60s, & 70s for the last six weeks. You must have caught the one bad stretch, lol. Hope you enjoy your beautiful new Cayman.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts