Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to the Porsche community and I have a silly question. At cruising speeds (say 75 mph) in 6th I'm running about 3K rpm. Normal?

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
That's normal for a 6 speed manual transmission, but a PDK has a 7th gear which would run at 2500 RPM at 75 MPH. Don't sweat it and enjoy the ride, but use full synthetic oil (5-40). Note that 3000 RPM is not even half way to red-line (7200 RPM) on the new A91 engines (2009+). On the earlier M97 engines, it's still only half way there.
:)

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Perfectly normal. It is a lot more fun to keep it around 4000 rpm and up:drivingskid:. I realize they are quieter at 3,000 rpm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks All! Its a 2007 C2s. As soon as it dries up around here I'll wash it and put up some picks. She is a cool blue/grey color - I cant recall the name of the color.

·
I'm an excellent driver ....
1,628 Posts
Best driveable torque is at about 4,000RPM, that's why they put it at the top. You don't really have to look at it during spirited driving. Below the top, shift down, above the top, shift up. Easy. 3,000RPM is perfectly fine for cruising.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts