Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I do not think the CPO covers tires. Depending on the age of the tire, the manufacturer may cover if failure is due to defect... roadhazard is not a defect :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
I asked that question when bought our used '07 Cayman. The salesman told me it does not cover road hazard. He told me I'd need to get AAA or somethin' similar.

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
I'm not sure but I think that the OP's original question is whether the CPO covers towing e.g. for a flat tire. I assume that the CPO continues Porsche Roadside Assistance while it's in effect, but to be sure, I would check the policy literature, or call them (800-PORSCHE).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure it wouldn't cover the tire itself, but I was just wondering about the tow. If they would tow to a discount auto tire or just a Porsche dealer. Just towing to a Porsche dealer is like those "free limo rides" in Vegas. Yea, it's a free ride, but straight to gentlemans club where one could dump a grand easy!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
roadside assistance does continue through the CPO, but I am sure it is just to the Dealer :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
It will cover towing. I had my CPO Cayenne towed 150 km to the dealer after the 160,000 km but before the 6 year limit (3.5 years). Porsche said no problem, no cost to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts