Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This post is regarding my 2008 Boxster S Limited Edition. About three years ago, I had one of my OEM TPMS sensors go bad. At that time, I needed new tires anyway so I went ahead and had a new set of TPMS sensors that I got from Titan installed on my 19 inch lobster claw OEM wheels. When I first drove off, I got the TPMS "Wheel change?" message and reset the TPMS through the steering wheel stalk as per the owners manual. A few days later, the "Wheel change?" message came up again. I didn't think anything of it, and reset it. Since then, sometimes once a week, sometimes as frequently as every other day I will get this message. Resetting the TPMS through the steering wheel stalk buys me some more time and gives me the tire pressure numbers on the dash. Sometimes, right before I get the message I will notice that on the left side the pressures from front and rear are switched around. Has anyone had such symptoms? I did a search and did not find anyone with a similar situation. I am up for new tires now, and will replace all four sensors at the same time. A friend with a 2008 Boxster S has ITM TPMS sensors from Titan TPMS and apparently has had no problems with them. I am thinking of going this route.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks,
Franc

·
Registered
489 Posts
Another option is to disable TPMS (using Durametric Pro for example). Assuming you are OK with monitoring tire pressure manually, which is something that every driver should be doing regularly even if their cars are equipped with TPMS.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I seem to vaguely remember a similar problem reported here but it was years ago. One thing I can suggest is to do a set up with tires that are NOT on the car, for example say 17s are on the car when in fact you have 18 or 19s and also don't say they are summers if they are. Once that's done, go back and set it up the correct way. I recall that doing so resets everything rather than it doing some kind of shortcut because you keep putting in the same values. Another solution I saw was to deflate the tires about 5-10 lbs and then reinflate them to the recommended pressure. Let us know and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts