Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to order a CGTS in the next month or 2.
Assume a 3-4 month leadtime
Puts me at July/Aug 2015 delivery.

Any thoughts on mid year refreshes or when 2016 model start being built?
Are dealers typically aware of what may be offered mid year or other - or other channels

thanks

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
When I picked up my CGTS in September '14, the techs made it clear that they were already being trained for the turbo flat-sixes in the 991.2 911s.

I put a deposit on my CGTS in September '13 because I had reliable information from Porsche on its arrival. They got the announcement date down to within days. Two weeks later, the sales materials that were presented internally were leaked to Jalopnik.

So, some people are aware.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
You probably should hope there are NO changes for MY 2016... e.g. that the GTS with NA Flat6 will still be offered for "one more year". On the other hand, you might just want to be one of the "early adopters" for the turbo-fours in the 981.x platform. I mean, why not, I'm sure that the car will be well sorted, of equal power, more ecologically sensitive (I mean, isn't that the whole point of the switch??) and will be marketed like CRAZY.

Me, I'll just soldier on with my NA Flat6 making all that loud, crackly noise,... what a burden!
Seriously, ... better buddy up with your SA to see what options he "has" on the table...
D

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
Any thoughts on mid year refreshes or when 2016 model start being built?
I would expect MY16 will begin with late Aug/Sept deliveries, as in every normal year. If you are delivered a car in July/early Aug, it will be one year out of date within weeks of you getting it. It's probably the worst time to take delivery in terms of depreciation. I doubt there will be any substantial changes between MY. If anything, it will be cosmetic or nothing major (e.g., like PDDC).

There could be a price increase beyond a nominal increase. If PAG makes standard in each 981 the federally mandated rear view cameras in the MY16 cars, then expect a decent price jump. You are not going to get the camera for free.

Personally, I would order a MY16 in May for Sept delivery, starting the year. Or, buy a MY15 car in August, off the lot, asking for a substantial discount.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I absolutely do NOT want a turbo 4.
The point is correct that if I can help it, I'd love the get the first of a MY '16 vs the last of a MY '15, just for the psychological benefit - bit I'll likely not lose any sleep over it either way. Seems like no relevant changes in store.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's usually minor stuff.

I'm betting we'll see the introduction of the new Sport Design steering wheel as seen on the GT4. If we're really lucky maybe they'll offer a multifunction version and ditch those god awful push/pull buttons.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I agree with the others - model year 2016 Cayman GTS unlikely. I'd order now if you want a custom built GTS, or buy one off the lot, or wait to see what changes are soon coming with 981.2 (or as rumored 981.5).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts