Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since closing the trunk or frunk takes quite a bit a down pressure with the palm of the hand that I'm worried that sand/dirt
grit may have built up covering the these areas and would eventually cause small scratches in the paint.

Are there any tricks or advise the smart Planet-9 members have discovered to minimize the chance of that damage?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use the handle and slam it firmly so no need to use hand on rear.

Front i just push on th badge with palm which doesnt take too much pressure

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
1. Install clear Bra.
2. Keep car clean.
3. Ideally both of above (at least for frunk...).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Since closing the trunk or frunk takes quite a bit a down pressure with the palm of the hand that I'm worried that sand/dirt
grit may have built up covering the these areas and would eventually cause small scratches in the paint.

Are there any tricks or advise the smart Planet-9 members have discovered to minimize the chance of that damage?
For the Frunk, just some firm palm pressure on the Porsche crest. For the trunk. No need to slam or be forceful, Use thumband and index finger of both hands and push down till it clicks. If you need to slam or push forcefully, the latches need adjusting.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
For the trunk, I crack a window (if already closed) and it will close on it own with little force. For the frunk, I make sure my hands are very clean and gently press on either side of the badge.

·
Registered
728 Posts
And again: no pressure on the Porsche crest. It will break the paint below...
The frunk, i gently lower and then press down with my palm just BELOW the crest.

The trunk closes and latches easy enough as it comes down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts