Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased a 2007 Cayman S in Atlas Gray and am looking to upgrade the exhaust. Are there any deals currently running for Borla? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been looking for a Borla at a good price for quite some time.
What I have been doing is checking the Borla site, Autoanything and Ebay.

The best price I have seen is aroung $1500.00.

Hope that sometime their may be a group buy that may get the price down further.

I did read a post where a P-9 member picked one up on Ebay for $975.00.
Best price I have seen.

KDSCayman

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
If Borla ever steps up with a GB, I'm in.
As nice as that would be, the official word from Borla is that they do not directly participate in group buys, as that undercuts their distributors.

The best way to get a group buy on a Borla exhaust is to approach a Borla distributor/reseller and see if they're willing to discount for a volume purchase. If y'all are interested, then feel free to do the legwork and start calling. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
If you plan on getting a flash, say from Softronic or FVD, then you might consider going with NHP catless headers from Maxspeed Motorsports as opposed to the Borla exhaust. The flash is required with catless headers as the O2 sensors gather information from the first set of cats. Without said flash, you will in all likelihood get a CEL.

I prefer this setup because (i) the headers are less than half the price of the Borla, (ii) by keeping the stock exhaust you retain the classic Porsche exhaust note (and the second cats), and at the same time give the car a more aggressive "bark," and (iii) no drone is evident, which was key in my decision.

If you check the dyno forum, Tomasz has posted some useful information on varius setups concerning exhausts. My car is truly exhilarating with these two mods, the Evoms V-flow intake, and the removal of the intake deflection element. It is a surprisingly noticeable improvement over the stock performance.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I decided to keep the stock headers and cats and go with the FVD cat back. Zero drone. But I did remove the primary cats on my 996 and the sound was perfect.

My guess is that a dealer will step up on this one. Get a firm commitment on delivery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thanks for the breadth of information. The lowest I've seen was around $1500 as well.

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
I installed a Borla back in November...called Borla directly for some last minute info (the contact there was Josh)...very informative and I found out extremely helpful...I ask if he could give me a distributor who was reliable, etc...he asked me where I lived and he checked his distributors to see who had them is stock...he did not not give me the name, but took my number and stated that he would give them a call to contact me directly...I received a call a half hour later from a distributor in Florida...here is the contact...

SCOTT JOHNSON
21ST. CENTURY EXHAUST
1-800-276-6399

He stated that he had the system I wanted in stock (4inch tips) and we did it all over the phone in ten minutes...received all of the necessary information in an email in less than a half hour (quoted price, UPS tracking number , his information, etc.)..received it in three days (from Florida to NY)...BTW..he had the best price at the time...$1,300 with free delivery...

Best mod I did up to two weeks ago...I just installed the 4.2 Softronic's software...the car is amazing...the transformation has turn the car into a rocket...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts