Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the pursuit of the ultimate driving experience we sometimes go too far with the modifications. Does anyone have heim joint / monoball regrets?

I'm interested in knowing if anyone has installed heim joints and monoballs from the likes of RSS / Elephant Racing / Tarett Eng. into their 987 street car and regretted doing so. Has anyone tried these products out and said, enough with the NVH.... and returned the car to OEM rubber bushings or simply sold the car? [Lets limit this discussion to
street driven cars and leave out the once a month track driven machines.]

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,631 Posts
I didn't have much rubber left in my daily driver 07 CS when I decided to go all the way and convert it to a track only beast. Despite very stiff springs it was still OK on smooth pavement and I often drove 6 or more hours to get to the track. On bad pavement .......... well it was really uncomfortable. The only mod I changed back to stock after one track weekend was solid Mantis tranny mounts. The NVH was unacceptable on the street. If I never took the car to the track I wouldn't have gone to solid bushings etc.

BTW, my 13 Boxter S has the standard suspension with 20" tires. My first change will be to 19" wheels and 40 series rubber to soften it up. I may convert it to PASM with softer springs and TPC's DSC since it will never see the track. Perhaps I'm just getting old! LOL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts