Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a cayman that i have given the RS look, 19 inch sport design wheels with wheel spacers, exhaust, carbon rear spoiler and side vents, half roll cage, harness belts, fire extinguisher, I have also striped as much weight out as possible, I am going to get wheels painted and the obvious choice is black to go with my carbon bits but i fancy somethink bright like a orange (as in the old honda racing bike orange) but my car is gaurds red so am not sure what would suit it, Any ideas the brighter the better and any pics would be good, Cheers Tim, PS, I have tried to post some pics of my car but just can't do it,bugger,

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
I think red with black wheels is nice, but if you want color, why not try something like gold, or even yellow, both have been used on Porsche racing cars in the past.

As far as uploading pictures goes, simply go to our gallery and click the appropriate category and then click the upload link. If the picture doesn't upload it generally means your photo is too large, like over 3000x3000 pixels or over 2mb in size, something of that nature, in which case resize it down a little first and then upload it. :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome. Another member on here recently started a thread showing Red wheels on his Red Cayman. If you want bright - I think it looked good.

I agree, for the aggressive look/feel, you should lower. I have Eibachs on mine, 1.2" lower, and they feel not much stiffer than stock. I seem to recall they are more common in the UK too.

Good luck.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well,
Since you asked. . . what about white? I had a bright red car, with white wheels and I liked the look.

Are you going to keep/paint the stock wheels? or go aftermarket?

Photoshop can be your best friend on this one.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Im curious about that harness. Can you post a pic of how they attach to the car behind the seat? Thanks. :cheers:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am keeping standard wheels, the harness is a 3 point and i have mounted it at the rear of engine bay (by the oil/water filers) if you remove the engine covers there is a large thick piece of chassis that runs side to side at the top,I have fitted it to this and have fitted long pieces of strengthing bars as well,(Can not see in interior pics as was not fitted when taken) I know 5 point would be better but as i am only using it for odd track day and am no lewis hamalton i am 100% sure it will be fine it sure does hold me in place well so i am not sliding all over when cornering, (will take some pics at weekend)

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I say go with carbon fibre finsihed wheels like http://www.planet-9.com/site-vendors-sponsors/41487-campionishop-forgestar-wheels.html. Maybe your SportDesigns could be finsihed in a carbon look by a wheel refurb company.

Alternatively black is the best option to keep it matching with your carbon parts and would be in keeping with how RS models generally are (Colour and black accents, black with coloured accents or full colour).

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
I have a cayman that i have given the RS look, 19 inch sport design wheels with wheel spacers, exhaust, carbon rear spoiler and side vents, half roll cage, harness belts, fire extinguisher, I have also striped as much weight out as possible, I am going to get wheels painted and the obvious choice is black to go with my carbon bits but i fancy somethink bright like a orange (as in the old honda racing bike orange) but my car is gaurds red so am not sure what would suit it, Any ideas the brighter the better and any pics would be good, Cheers Tim, PS, I have tried to post some pics of my car but just can't do it,bugger,
Think about Speed Yellow. It is a good counterpoint to Guards Red. Take a look at the contrast between your license plate and the surrounding red to get an idea of the effect.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Today i spent 2 hours covering one wheel in black insullating tape and refitted it to the car and i did not like it at all it some how made the car look cheap, So blacks out, Its got to be some thing bright or leave it as it is, Thanks for all your suggestions, If theres any more pls post them, Cheers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.