Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there anyone who has visited the Geneva Motorshow seen any of the Porsche cars on the stand in a new colour ?
I went last year and several cars were in a sandy metallic colour named Quartz,but so far this colour hasn't
appeared on the colour chart.

·
Noob
843 Posts
the RS has an orange and purple

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
I went last year and several cars were in a sandy metallic colour named Quartz,but so far this colour hasn't
appeared on the colour chart.
Yes, it is. quarzgraumetallic / crystal grey metallic is an approved PTS color for the 991 and 981.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The Lava Orange looks pretty red in pictures... anyone know if it looks like that in person, or if it's more orange?

·
Noob
843 Posts
You can see the colors in the configurators btw...use the 3D version.
Looks orange to me...

porcolors.png

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Haven't come across any, just in the online configurator, see above.
Yeah, I know. I tried Google when the RS was announced but nothing is online yet. I guess till lucky owners start receiving their toys we won't see any then.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
The Lava Orange looks pretty red in pictures... anyone know if it looks like that in person, or if it's more orange?
It is a burned orange so a bit of brownred.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
In the configurator, if you select purple paint and then choose painted vents (not the slats), that looks really cool.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can see the colors in the configurators btw...use the 3D version.
Looks orange to me...

View attachment 56783
I can't work the 3D configurator any more.

Can't do it at work (download prohibited); I had it at home but the kids downloaded a shed load of malaware with their Minecraft mods and somehow deleting that malaware stopped the 3D configurator from working. I can't fix it. I'm seriously annoyed!

Hmm. The missus would love the idea of a purple Porsche, but I'm not so sure....

·
Noob
843 Posts
You can check an orange Mustang. It seems to be the same color.

That seems a bit lighter orange.
I think the new lava orange is closer to rgb(215, 54, 28)

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 9.54.42 AM.png

And the purple is close to rgb(45, 23, 70)

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 9.57.25 AM.png

1 - 15 of 15 Posts