Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've installed new capristo exhaust for 2009 facelift cayman. Mine only has mufflers installed(Headers are not installed yet).

With valve open, yes, the noise is loud. but compared with other video on youtube. The noise from my car is completely different style. K-man S's video is much much much sweeter.

I'm wondering if anyone has installed capristo with their 2nd gen cayman could upload a video. So i can make sure the noise is suppose to be like that.

The following are mine. It may takes sometime to load. I'll try to upload to youtube later today.

2009 facelift cayman with capristo exhaust Video 3 - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看 - exhasut noise capristo 2009 Cayman PDK
2009 facelift cayman with capristo exhaust Video 1 - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看 - Cayman PDK exhasut noise capristo 2009

·
Registered
12 Posts
It was becoz u just install the mufflers..............
Did you confirm ur exhaust installed correctly???
China 's car garage skill is poor..... u may tell them need to wire up ,not just install it

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
You might read through the three install articles and verify that the system is both wired and vacuum hoses plumbed correctly. Especially K-mans on the new control box. The articles are for Gen I but I suspect the system didn't change much other than to fit Gen II.

If it did change it should become obvious pretty quickly as the control parts won't match.

It's not only China's garages. I've seen a post or two about shops here screwing up also.

I don't have any videos. Thing to remember is that microphone type and placement will have a large effect on sound.

I should add that this would be much easier for the installing garage if Capristo would include a couple sketches of proper electrical and vacuum hook up. Leaving it up to the installer to reverse engineer the thing is chancy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts