Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 981 CS in July of last year, and have literally seen ZERO 981s on the road since purchase despite putting 7K miles on the car. Pretty strange to see none of them despite see tons of 987s out there.

Granted, I live out in Ewa, and most Porsches are likely to be found Hawaii Kai side, but I've spent plenty of time in town, Hawaii, Kai, Diamond head, etc., including several trips around the island, and nada.

So if you actually have a 981, speak up!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I guess there really is hardly any (981) in the wild on Oahu, as evidenced by no owners chiming in here yet. I know not everybody that owns Porsches are on internet car forums, but you'd think more than one (me) would gravitate here.

808croc: Is that a turbo setup I spy in your avatar? If you're on Oahu, I sure would like to check it out some time. When (if) the 981 ECU get's cracked, that's the route I would like to go as most of my past cars have been modded turbo cars. I don't mind disturbing Porsche purists by such blasphemy ;-).

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
So I guess there really is hardly any (981) in the wild on Oahu, as evidenced by no owners chiming in here yet. I know not everybody that owns Porsches are on internet car forums, but you'd think more than one (me) would gravitate here.

808croc: Is that a turbo setup I spy in your avatar? If you're on Oahu, I sure would like to check it out some time. When (if) the 981 ECU get's cracked, that's the route I would like to go as most of my past cars have been modded turbo cars. I don't mind disturbing Porsche purists by such blasphemy ;-).
Yes, I had a TPC low pressure turbo kit installed about 3-1/2 years ago by Chris at Air-Cooled Engines (nka Stoermer Automotive) on Young St. behind the Kaiser Clinic and next to Goodwill. Chris also replaced the TPC turbo unit with a Garrett unit and did the custom chip tuning.

My turbo install was Chris' second TPC installation. He did one for a Japanese National named Maki (I understand that Maki owns a Japanese restaurant in or near the Waikiki area). Maki's Cayman is Red and I often see it parked across the graveyard on Kapiolani Blvd. as I'm on the Kapiolani exit of the H1. Maki has vanity plates "choco II" or something like that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This hasn't been updated in awhile but just came across it, currently I am in DC and just bought a 981 boxster, I will be moving to Oahu mid Sept this year, Send a message would love to meet up and cruise!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
This hasn't been updated in awhile but just came across it, currently I am in DC and just bought a 981 boxster, I will be moving to Oahu mid Sept this year, Send a message would love to meet up and cruise!!
Check with CarsandCoffee Honolulu when the next gtg will be. I haven't gone to one in over a year, but there usually was a number of Porsche owners that attended.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts