Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Welcome to the site!

There are definitely a lot of owners in the area but not much activity that I've seen the last few years. Once spring arrives there are several Cars and Coffee type gatherings mentioned in other threads here.

You also may want to check out the local PCA Chapter of your area for events.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You also may want to check out the local PCA Chapter of your area for events.[/QUOTE]

I believe that the PCA Potomac region (DC metro area) has over 2K members. It has a wide range of activities. If you don't have previous track or autocross experience, you should take their HPDE in March to be eligible for their DE program.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the site!

There are definitely a lot of owners in the area but not much activity that I've seen the last few years. Once spring arrives there are several Cars and Coffee type gatherings mentioned in other threads here.

Thanks!

I believe that the PCA Potomac region (DC metro area) has over 2K members. It has a wide range of activities. If you don't have previous track or autocross experience, you should take their HPDE in March to be eligible for their DE program.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm in the area. I just got my CS last April so I'm learning as I go.

I'm hoping to do several DEs this year with PCA. I've installed the Softronic flash and SRP. I also bought a deep sump kit from LN Engineering that I'm hoping to install this spring. I'm also looking to install catless headers. I'm hoping to have everything done by the spring.

I'm in the Herndon/Chantilly area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I joined the Potomac PCA last July and highly recommend it. They have several social events throughout the year along with autocross and track events. It is a great way to meet a lot of fellow Porsche owners. I have been to several social events, autocross and, as soon as my warranty expires, I will be doing the HPDEs and DEs out at Summit Point.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in the area. I just got my CS last April so I'm learning as I go.

I'm hoping to do several DEs this year with PCA. I've installed the Softronic flash and SRP. I also bought a deep sump kit from LN Engineering that I'm hoping to install this spring. I'm also looking to install catless headers. I'm hoping to have everything done by the spring.

Sorry for the late response I have been traveling for work. I would definitely love to see the car. I just got my car custom dyno tuned by Frank Smith of Tech Tuning and am currently after ECU adaption running about 310 whp. The dyno tune was done on a dyno dynamics.

You'll be able to catch a few Caymans at the Great Falls Cars & Coffee in the spring. There are a few of us in Arlington :)
I need to make it out to a Katies cars and coffee. I just can't wake up on Saturdays! :sleep:

I joined the Potomac PCA last July and highly recommend it. They have several social events throughout the year along with autocross and track events. It is a great way to meet a lot of fellow Porsche owners. I have been to several social events, autocross and, as soon as my warranty expires, I will be doing the HPDEs and DEs out at Summit Point.
Awesome. I'm not sure if I plan on tracking the car as it's currently my DD. So far I love the car and is probably the best car that I own.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I lived in the DC metro Area for the past 3 years, before moving back to North of Baltimore.

On occasion I make my way down to Great Falls, VA for Katie's cars and coffee. They have awesome cars there.

Next time I head down I'll shoot you a PM if you want to attend the C&C with me.

Cheers

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am in the Oakton/Vienna, VA area but no Cayman yet. I just ordered mine on 2FEB and awaiting VIN number, etc status.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I lived in the DC metro Area for the past 3 years, before moving back to North of Baltimore.

On occasion I make my way down to Great Falls, VA for Katie's cars and coffee. They have awesome cars there.

Next time I head down I'll shoot you a PM if you want to attend the C&C with me.

Cheers
Yea that would be great. I def plan on attending when the weather warms up.

I am in the Oakton/Vienna, VA area but no Cayman yet. I just ordered mine on 2FEB and awaiting VIN number, etc status.
Congrats!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I too am new to Porsche and I'm in Chantilly. I purchased a silver 06 CS from Tyson's Porsche back in September. Looking forward to a C&C in Great Falls. I don't often see many other Porsche vehicles and their owners meeting up. Hope to see some of you out and about.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I too am new to Porsche and I'm in Chantilly. I purchased a silver 06 CS from Tyson's Porsche back in September. Looking forward to a C&C in Great Falls. I don't often see many other Porsche vehicles and their owners meeting up. Hope to see some of you out and about.
Congrats on the purchase!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts