Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am looking to get the header replaced on my ride to give it a bit more power and enjoy the louder exhaust note. Any guys had them installed and hows the feedback on the product.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
121 Posts
Kinky, Just to let you know I had my fabspeed headers and exhaust for three months and I did one track session(not one day), and had a cel light come on. Code 421 which is, a catilitic converter code. The following day I took the headers off to find welds burnt away. and 200 cell cat to be burnt. So I returned them today and we'll see what happens. I don't think I would recommend them unless......... I have the "OLD" ones..?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the precious feedback will put it on hold then till something better comes around.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had them on my car for over a year (~7500 Miles) without any issues. I've not had my car on the track yet.

I know when I was researching these headers I found a few articles where the catalytic converters were failing. I also read that Fabspeed changed the type and vendor of catalytic converters they were using.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks Mike, I just talked to Joe yesterday and he said the same thing. Which leads me to the question " why did I receive the older ones ". I purchased these headers in April. Anyway, its nice to hear that you've had them a year without issue. Do you drive the car hard?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks Mike, I just talked to Joe yesterday and he said the same thing. Which leads me to the question " why did I receive the older ones ". I purchased these headers in April. Anyway, its nice to hear that you've had them a year without issue. Do you drive the car hard?
When the opportunity arises I do (maybe really hard once a month when I work into the wee hours). I do push it up to red-line probably at some point every day but it is not as sustained as track driving would be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try looking at the fabspeed wenny but they seem to have taken out the new header for the DFI model cayman. Did they encounter the same problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts