Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats! Love the color combo. What took so long for the confirmation?
Ill be curious to see what you think of the stereo when you get it
Thanks! Sapphire looks pretty awesome too. We'll have to park them next to each other at a winter PCA event after we finally get them :) Not sure what took so long - they're a smaller volume dealership, and I think they had to work pretty hard to get the allocation. Might have been based on May sales numbers. I don't pretend to understand Porsche and their crazy ways!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Congrats! Love the color combo. What took so long for the confirmation?
Ill be curious to see what you think of the stereo when you get it
Thanks! Sapphire looks pretty awesome too. We'll have to park them next to each other at a winter PCA event after we finally get them
Not sure what took so long - they're a smaller volume dealership, and I think they had to work pretty hard to get the allocation. Might have been based on May sales numbers. I don't pretend to understand Porsche and their crazy ways!
Yes! maybe get winter tires and take it out to the event! :D

Happy it all worked out in the end for you.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Well it looks like I'm next in line! I'm traveling this week, and haven't spoken with my SA yet, but she left a voicemail to say that I've got an October build! It's funny... I was doubting my chances, and started talking myself into a 911 instead. But I think this is going to be a fun machine.

Here's my likely build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PGQEVGA1

I don't know if they still have a stop order on sport buckets, but I'll give it a shot. And I know all the arguments against Burmester for a sports car with a thin roof, but I'm a music lover, and had a horrendous stereo system in my 997. I'm willing to splurge for the best this time. Now starts the brutal waiting period!
I also considered the Burmester for the same reason. But since this is truly an open air car, my concern is that the top down wind noise,will drown out the difference between this and the BOSE.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a December allocation:

Guards Red, Bose, Leather interior in Black w/ Alcantara, stitching in red, Safety bars in red, wind deflector, reversing camera, extended fuel tank, wheels in satin black, door opening loops in red, seat belts in red, fire extinguisher, air, full bucket seats, deviated stitching, bluetooth. Can't wait to tear up the back roads of the Napa Valley!

·
Registered
626 Posts

Guards Red, Bose, Leather interior in Black w/ Alcantara, stitching in red, Safety bars in red, wind deflector, reversing camera, extended fuel tank, wheels in satin black, door opening loops in red, seat belts in red, fire extinguisher, air, full bucket seats, deviated stitching, bluetooth. Can't wait to tear up the back roads of the Napa Valley!
congrats!
Did Porsche accept the full bucket seats?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #87

congrats and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
What about the extended range fuel tank? Has anyone ordered that? My understanding is that curb weights are measured with a full tank, so Porsche can claim a lighter car by reducing the tank size a bit, but then they offer the larger tank for $0. Doesn't affect anything else in the car (luggage space, etc).

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Anybody have any new news about total production numbers and total Spyders in the USA? ? I have not heard anything in the past two weeks about LWBS or seen new Porsche released pics either.

P.S. Everyone stop whatever you are doing and marvel at my 1,000th post!!!
P.S.S. To mark this historic event, I figured I would write something in the Spyder forum.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Anybody have any new news about total production numbers and total Spyders in the USA? ? I have not heard anything in the past two weeks about LWBS or seen new Porsche released pics either.

P.S. Everyone stop whatever you are doing and marvel at my 1,000th post!!!
P.S.S. To mark this historic event, I figured I would write something in the Spyder forum.
nothing at all. Check everyday for any new info but its like the Spyder disappeared from the Internet.
Grats on 1000!

·
Registered
199 Posts
my local SA just mentioned he's expecting more Spyder allocations shortly... of course this is after I got an allocation from a more remote SA I've worked with before.

·
Registered
626 Posts
my local SA just mentioned he's expecting more Spyder allocations shortly... of course this is after I got an allocation from a more remote SA I've worked with before.
Was wondering about a second round. Asked my SA yesterday when I changed my order, he indicated they weren't getting any more that he knew of.

·
Registered
48 Posts
so how is it that the car is announced that it is NOT a limited production but dealers are only getting a limited amount of allocations. I understand the limited time to produce but still shouldn't they be taking up orders and putting them in the que?

81 - 100 of 105 Posts