Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title notes, I have a 2008 Cayman S, which I purchased, new, in mid November of 2009. I love the car. However, a friend, after driving mine, recently bought a 2010. The 320 horses in his, versus the 295 in mine add a noticeable degree of performance thats very clear when driving his car.

I'm not looking for anything more than to bump my cars horsepower up the 25hp to get me to the 2010 level. Is there any reasonably affordable way to accomplish this?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
As Walter says a remap and exhaust will probably get you around 25hp extra, however what I've found is you probably need a little more to keep up with the Gen 2 CS.

I'd go Exhaust, IPD Plenum & GT 3 throttle body (or Softronic plenum & remap) and then a remap to tie it in and finsih it off. If you have a local tuning company that can do a custom remap for you then all the better in order to make the most out of the mods.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Desnork and EVOMS V-flow air filter (dry) will get another 10HP.

·
Registered
77 Posts
EVOMS' RS350 kit (evomsit software, cargraphic catback, v-flow, ipd plenum and GT3 throttle body) will take you to 350 according to the vendor. If you read Excellence mag's article on the Cayman that featured this kit (among other mods granted) you'll see that they consider it to be the best normally aspirated Cayman. I have the kit installed and it's a blast. I don't care for the numbers and I'll take their word for it, but it sure feels way quicker than before and I'm really happy with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.