Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird question here...but do dealers have a window into the inventory of cars coming off lease? In 2017, you'd think this would be possible, but I'm realistic.

I'm looking for an Agate Boxster GTS PDK with moderate to heavy options, so I know I'm hunting for a unicorn. There's a couple out there now, but both are fairly lightly optioned.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I work for an Infiniti dealer and while I don't actually sell the cars (I sell parts to body shops) I do know that when it comes time for a lease turn in, at least for Infiniti, they can take it to any Infiniti dealer for a turn in. So, trying to predict when a certain model, color, etc will be arriving in basically impossible. I know that's probably not what you want to hear and I can only assume Porsche is the same way. The odds might be better if there's only one porsche dealer in your area. If that's the case, you will probably be waiting a long time.

·
Registered
832 Posts
As stated you can turn a lease in at any Porsche dealer so predicting what's coming in is impossible. Your best bet is to go down and meet with your Porsche dealer and let him/her know what exactly you are looking for and they can keep an eye out for it. Better yet contact several Porsche dealers in a wide area by email and do the same. Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I totally get that a car could be turned in to any dealer, but I really mean before that. You'd think that it would be pretty easy to query the Porsche sales database to see when cars are due in....especially those financed through Porsche. You have to think that sales/leases are captured globally somewhere. Oh well...the hunt continues! :)

(thanks again)

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Thanks guys. I totally get that a car could be turned in to any dealer, but I really mean before that. You'd think that it would be pretty easy to query the Porsche sales database to see when cars are due in....especially those financed through Porsche. You have to think that sales/leases are captured globally somewhere. Oh well...the hunt continues! :)

(thanks again)
Have you tried calling any Porsche dealers? I would think that an enterprising SA would want to know what you are looking for and be happy to help you. :)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
It does seem that they could see what cars will likely be turned in, and when. Only the "where" is possibly subject to change. If a leaseholder decides to purchase, that would also be an exception, but that is not common...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.