Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PLEASE ASKING FOR ADVICE/PICTURE
ABOUT THE LOOKING/EXPERIENCE/ ETC. FOR A CAYMAN BASALT BLACK METALLIC WITH A CLEAR BRA.

·
Registered
502 Posts
ABOUT THE LOOKING/EXPERIENCE/ ETC. FOR A CAYMAN BASALT BLACK METALLIC WITH A CLEAR BRA.

I HAVE IT!!! okay, no more reason to shout...what are you asking? I lot of people on here are fans of clear bra type covers.

The stuff works at keeping most dings off the front and makes cleaning bugs easy. You will need to have it redone sometimes as the product ages. Do a search for some other threads discussing all the good and bad.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
COAL
Thank you for your reply and picture.
which parts of your car are covered by the clear bra ?
Which clear bra brand did you used ?
how much did you spent ?
are you happy with your decision ?

thank you very much :cheers:
rex

·
Zone 1 Member
81 Posts
I've got a full clear bra on the hood, fenders and bumpers. The hood is in three pieces, a large piece covering the majority of the hood and two small pieces covering the corners near the windshield. Mirrors are partials.

I'd suggest the 3M material. I just had hood redone because of an inferior product that lost its sheen after about two years as a daily driver. The original installer chose to do the hood only with a different material for some reason.

Be sure to search your regional forum for recomendations for a high quality installer in your area and check out their work. Details matter in the end. The folks who did my hood (Detailing Dynamics) wrapped the edges with the material. In my opinion this is far superior look to cutting it flush with the edge of the panel because the material shinks slightly in time.

As a side note, it was great to see the hood looking good as new when the old bra was removed. Well worth the cost. I'll see if I can take some pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Greetings,

Yes, I have a clear bra on my black 2010 Cayman S. I purchased it from invisiblemask.com for approximately $180. It covers the front bumper only; from the top edge of the bumper all the way to the bottom of the bumper including front air dam/spoiler. The bra comes complete with an installation kit and installation DVD. It came in four pieces and I had an experienced installed apply it for $100.

I have had 3M bra's on other vehicles and I would personally highly recommend them.

My question to the group: Do you think applying/installing a bra will have a negative effect on returning the vehicle after the lease expires?

I would think it would not detract from the value at all. Thoughts?

Semper Fi

·
Zone 1 Member
81 Posts
Lease Impact of Clearbra

I wouldn't think there would be a problem. It should only add to the value by limiting the damage to the paint. From what I saw today, it comes off pretty easy once it is warmed up.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Re: Lease Impact of Clearbra

I have it on the front part of the hood, front bumper as well as the mirrors. No complaints at all.

·
Registered
134 Posts

I wouldn't think there would be a problem. It should only add to the value by limiting the damage to the paint. From what I saw today, it comes off pretty easy once it is warmed up.
RR,

Thank you for your reply - I appreciate it.

Semper Fi

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts

The Venture Shield film is better than 3M which is why 3M purchased them.
The only downside is getting it done so the edges dont lift, asside the cost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts