Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
To tell you the truth, I cannot take my eyes from that grotesque rear bumper thing. :eek: That really must be one of the all time ugliest body kit mods ever done.

BTW,.. the front is OK. Not for me,.. but it looks OK.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ya, I like the front lip and the rear spoiler. But it does it come in carbon ? I emailed them last week and haven't heard back. I really want that rear spoiler in carbon. Or something similar . (like a motur-lux/ safetec composites) but, one co is out of business and the other's communication and customer service just isn't worth the hassle. If you hear back from them could you post for me. Thanks. Oh ya, I heard on some kits you might have to buy the whole thing and not in pieces.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Sarona is a company mostly known for its replica kits. They have the ability to make kits in Polyeurethane for higher quality, but still, I would stay with known bands in the Porsche aftermarket sector.

·
Registered
121 Posts
They say anything about the roof spoiler? I'm interested in that but i need more photos. from their ebay page it looks like it has flares out instead of being flush to the window.

do you have their number?
ya.. the # is. 718-446-2350. I like the roof spoiler too., but haven't heard back from them, although, you can purchase that solo and in carbon. The price, I'm not sure but I think it was 225.00 for it in standard. P.S. sorry I took so long

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice.... I'm going to order the rear trunk and roof spoilers in carbon, within the week. I just need to talk to Manny about the trunk spoiler coming in carbon. be good.

That's awesome, post pics when you get it on. Maybe i'll see your ride around LA. I've got an arctic silver 08 too.

Ryan
picasaweb.google.com/porschecayman987c

·
Registered
212 Posts
Got my roof spoiler finally on Friday and its in the body shop today getting painted.

I did a test fit while i was (re)mounting my skirts and here's what it looks like.

I'm considering wrapping it in carbon film too. I'll do it this weekend after i get it back from the body shop.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice, I'm suppose to receive my carbon roof and rear wing spoilers thursday.. I've been waiting quite a while. The girl in the office sent it to the wrong person so their sending me another one. I'll post pictures too. That lookes pretty cool with the little flare in the middle. Let me know how you put it on, if you have time. being your in L.A. maybe you could show me. Oh ya, When I talked to Sal, the owner he asked me about the rear diffuser and told him it was pretty ugly so he asked me what I would suggest. I told to make a carbon diffusor that looked like the ones that Ferrari or subaru has. It would replace the open slots on ours and that opening it would create, would be filled in a smaller, add on piece that wrap under the back with with 3 thin horizontal wind luevers on each side of the exhaust tipps. I said if you wrap that around the exhaust with maybe a smaller single loever in the middle of that it might look pretty cool. Its hard to explain But I tell you, some of the other kits he has are pretty scary looking. Too big....

·
Registered
284 Posts
I am interested in the window and rear spoiler in carbon too. Did you ever get them? Can you post pics? I am very wary after purchasing the motorlux spoiler and basically loosing $650. What are the mounting systems like? Are they set up and ready to go on or was drilling and modification required?

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
scryana

Looks Great !!! I like them both :)
I already have the motor lux CF silver rear diffueser but I like the Rear on the first pictures the OP posted with the added lower rear piece .I guess I am the only one that likes this ? wonder how much ? I think if its done right it would look good

·
Registered
61 Posts
No your not the only one, I think the back one doesnt look bad either. I really like the front which gives you an approximation of the GT3 valence but with a more Caymenne front end. Too bad you have to buy all of it or none of it.

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Master of Geeks

You have to buy the whole kit? dam :( I just want the rear .NR is producing a GT rear bumber any day now and this would get rid of the ugly bumperetts :) did they tell you you have to buy the whole kit?

·
Registered
284 Posts
FYI
I just got off the phone with Sarona, in NYC. You can buy any part of the kit or the entire kit.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.