Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be driving my Cayman S to Dubuque on August 2nd or 3rd for a few days and then to Iowa City after that. Can anybody recommend a fun route for me once I'm there? I will finish my engine break in period on the way to Iowa somewhere in Ohio.

Larry

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would recommend cutting up into Wisconsin in Beloit (I90) and then plot out a route towards the Mississippi depending on how "backroad" you want to get. Maybe 81 to 23N to County Rd G to 151 South to Dubuque.

*edit* Thought you meant on the way there. The SW corner of Wisconsin has lots of good driving.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would recommend cutting up into Wisconsin in Beloit (I90) and then plot out a route towards the Mississippi depending on how "backroad" you want to get. Maybe 81 to 23N to County Rd G to 151 South to Dubuque.

*edit* Thought you meant on the way there. The SW corner of Wisconsin has lots of good driving.
Its an 11 hour drive to get there and by the time I reach Wisconsin I doubt I'll be enjoying anything. I am looking for some fun after I've recooperated a bit.:)

·
Registered
431 Posts
We have a regional PCA drive up there this weekend. I will report back if we run into any good roads.

Wisconsin has some amazing backroads, but I agree you probably won't be in the mood.

Also, I live in Iowa City...are you driving thru or stopping? Let me know!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have a regional PCA drive up there this weekend. I will report back if we run into any good roads. :thanks:

Wisconsin has some amazing backroads, but I agree you probably won't be in the mood.

Also, I live in Iowa City...are you driving thru or stopping? Let me know!
I will be in Iowa City sometime on Friday and will be heading back to Pittsburgh on Sunday. It would be great to meet when I am there. Not certain of my schedule there yet. I'll know more as the date gets closer.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sounds good. My email is sklehr2 at gmail dot com.

As far as roads go:

I wasn't blown away by many of the roads we chose, but anything is better than boring interstate. If you have the time, take 62 from Dubuque to Sabula, then 67 to Clinton. It follows the river, has some fun spots and is scenic. From Clinton, I would just head strait West to DeWitt then down to 80.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts