6,027 Posts
Per the dealer sticker:

Cayman 'Club Sport' (CS) package:

- Shadow painted 17' Cayman wheels

- Aluminum look front lip spoilers

- Cayman CS side script

- Cayman CS rear logo

- CS front logo

Is this an official Porsche sanctioned trim? They're charging $1950 for this package.

Edited by - Interpol on 08/28/2006 12:44:22 AM

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
jeez....thats a standard cayman too. not even an S.Hopefully the buyer doesnt think they are getting a Cayman S or a special edition type of thing. I still think those 17's need help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Take it easy guys, it is just an appearance package to add some individuality. Keep up these kind of posts and someone is going to think you have all become purist snobs--and no one wants that. As you can see, no one is being duped and the package is being presented as an appearance package. As for the price, how much does Porsche charge for painted wheels alone...more than this entire package.

I get that it is not for everyone, but we are also adding AWE exhausts and GIAC chips to many of our CS cars (plus other items like short shifters, aluminum pedals, and 5 point harnesses). In the end it just adds more attention to a great car.

·
1,059 Posts
No snobs here. Just that if there is such a thing as a CS, we will galdly accepts it. Our Cayman S is the CS! Puiting CS on a non S Cayman is just plain _ _ _ _ _ _, (you fill it in). Sure most members here feel the same way.

Edited by - ploc36 on 08/28/2006 11:35:36 AM

·
Registered
28 Posts
I could understand that rational if it was turned into a Cayman S--something it is not and something we would never do, but their is no Club Sport Cayman--and their isn't going to be from what I have heard. Think back to other appearance packages that Porsche put together in the past. The RS America was nothing more than a decontented 911 to help spur sales--and people loved, and still love that car. Trust me, I understand that you may be hesitant to put any appearance packages on your car, but that does not mean no one wants it. The Cayman is a great car in it's own right, but could just use some nice touches like painted wheels and spoiler lips to add some looks to the great body it already has.

I will state withcertainty that we are NOT selling customers on the fact that this is a Porsche package.

We all love the Cayman, and we are working hard to move the Cayman forward while other dealers write the car off as alesser car to the 911. In our area we are one of theonly dealers thatare looking for more Cayman inventory, while other dealers struggle to try and wholesale out of there 2006 cars. Certainly this passion does nothing but good for resale value and future brand expansion. We actually have customers trading in their 911's for the Cayman S--now that says something about the Cayman.

I just wanted you to know that some dealers have the same passion for the Cayman as you all have. I love the feedback from all of the forums, and look every day to see what you all think.

--and yes we are working on becoming a sponsor!

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Richard...thanks for clearing that up. You will find that we are a very accepting and diverse group of individuals, and are happy to have you here. I think I speak for most when I say anybody excited about the cayman is always welcome.

·
Registered
42 Posts
IMHO,

I don't think it looks so awfully bad like that. I DO take a little exception to the CS designation since the only option on the car is the Preferred Package Plus which adds no real SPORT to the car, just STUFF. Perhaps if instead of all that junk, it had the Sport stuff like Sport Seats, Sport Steering Wheel, Sport Shifter, Sport Exhaust, and S wheels, THEN I could far more easily agree to the CS designation even though it is not an S. More like a '61 356B GT that way.

RS America was not exactly a DE-contented Carrera. More like A RE-contented Carrera since it had the M030 suspension, wider wheels and tires, fixed rear spoiler, awesome sport seats, and a flat 'storage' area in back with doors which was far more useful that the seats. It was lighter, faster, stronger than the standard Carrera coupe. Still had power windows and door locks and mirrors. I bought mine new and got the Polar Silver met. paint with Lightning Blue belts and door pulls. No sunroof, no radio. Just A/C (Living in Florida demands this) and the Limited Slip. It was truly an RSfor the time. But it was continually mismarketed by dealers as a CHEAP964 Carrera. I paid $53,000 for mine.Basic Carreras were $10 grand more.And for that you got arm rests and cruise control and basic seats and basic suspension and smaller, narrower 16' rims.

Edited by - Thundertub on 08/28/2006 1:21:06 PM

·
Registered
224 Posts
honestly, I would never want any of those stickers all over my car. IMO, takes attention away from the car and looks to busy and cheap. Maybe add some real sport options and then put the stickers on the car, even then It wouldn't appeal to me but then at least you could justify the "Club Sport".

·
Administrator
34,485 Posts
As Richard said, someone might want this on their Cayman and we shouldn't bash them if they do, but accept them as a Cayman owner with different tastes. We have plenty of diversity here today I don't see why we can't add a little more. As long as the dealer is being honest in the way that they market this I don't see a problem with it. One item you may want to check though Richard is that Porsche is VERY protective with its marks and 'Cayman' is registered as is the unique font/script used to depict it which has been copied for the decals on the side of the car. Did your dealership get Porsche's 'OK' to do this or are you hoping they don't notice? I can tell you that if it ends up on Ebay and especially here, they WILL notice.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts