Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2011 Cayman S a while ago, and it's stuck at the port now, Porsche won't release it yet. Supposedly the 2011 Cayennes are also held awaiting release. Anyone else order a 2011 anything and know what's up?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
My '11 was reportedly waiting for a boat about two weeks ago. I haven't heard any updates since then.

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
For those who have ordered, can anyone give me an estimate of the % off MSRP that you've gotten?

·
Registered
337 Posts
For those who have ordered, can anyone give me an estimate of the % off MSRP that you've gotten?
I'd love to know that as well
Best I've seen so far is 8% of an '11 order

·
Registered
389 Posts
I ordered a 2011 Cayman S a while ago, and it's stuck at the port now, Porsche won't release it yet. Supposedly the 2011 Cayennes are also held awaiting release. Anyone else order a 2011 anything and know what's up?
Hennessy in Atlanta has around 15 Cayenne's listed on their site so i would guess some of those were pre sold. They also had a few in the showroom last week. My 2011 911S was completed yesterday so now the wait for a ride over...

·
Registered
25 Posts
How do you check the status of you delivery? Is there a page you use or is it just calling you dealer and bugging him?

·
Registered
389 Posts
How do you check the status of you delivery? Is there a page you use or is it just calling you dealer and bugging him?
Yes that is exactly the way to do it. They are used to all of us wanting our new cars. If you have a good dealership and sales person they will not care at all and be happy to check for you. the one thing I can tell you is they pull up the info however the screen may say your car is completed but when will it get on a ship nobody knows until it gets on. There could be hundreds of cars in front of you so you just have to wait your turn. I can also tell you with every car I have ever built mine has always arrived sooner than later but I hear stories that people wait weeks and weeks before their car gets on a ship. It is one of those things that you have to say when it gets here it gets here. Once you are behind the wheel you will forget all about the short or long wait that you had. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I went to dealers looking at 2011's yesterday . . . some that listed them on their website had them . . others did not. But there are 2011's arriving . . .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts