Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see what was used for jack pads for a two post lift. I've seen some hockey puck style pads which fit into the oval jack points. Any other ideas that you find works and has a solid feel?

Cheers,
Kevin

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The manufacturers of the lifts generally sell the pads to be used with their lifts. They're usually a slip-over design, have a textured surface for slip prevention, and are designed to not scratch the vehicle. They're also not expensive -- usually under $100 for a set when they need replacing.

The good lift manufacturers (like BendPak) aren't playing around. They know professional garages are buying their products not just for high value cars, but also for working on irreplaceable unicorns.

Two post lifts are frame lifts by design. The pads that come with the lift arms should be more than suitable. The only thing you may need to consider is getting low-profile arms.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
You can buy a set of four proper Porsche jack point pucks on Amazon that lock into the oval in the frame and stay put as you manipulate the jack legs for less than $35.

As was stated above, the rubber pads on the lift are typically sufficient on their own, but don’t waste too much effort with homemade hacks unless you already have the materials, as the correct pucks are so cheap that it just doesn’t make sense otherwise

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I have a Challenger 2-post that I use for my GT4. I just use the rubber pads on the lift arms. These cars are low enough that you would have a hard time getting an additional pad in there anyway. My lift is relatively low profile compared to most, but I still have to drive the car up onto boards to get the arms under it. It’s even lower with my 19” track wheels….

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a Rotary lift with the low profile arms. As others have noted the standard rubber pads seem sufficient although I’ve always used regular old hockey pucks.
The lift points on the cars all seem to be much smaller than the lift pad itself so I like getting everything centered up w the puck. Simple, cheap, and you can swing the arm in place before sliding the puck into position. No height issues - at least on a stock Cayman S / Boxster S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts