Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Cayman S. No issues until a couple months ago. I always leave my radio on satellite radio. When I start the car, the satellite station that was last on comes on.
Over the past couple months, I noticed that within about 15 seconds of starting the car, the radio changes to one of the FM stations. I switch it back to the satellite station where it usually stays there. This occurs EVERY time. Occasionally, it does it again while I'm driving.
I brought it to the dealer who told me that there was a bulletin out there that described this exact situation and there was a ?software upgrade? We ran this. So, when I left the dealer, the radio worked fine until about 30 minutes later, it happened again. It also happened again this am.
I called the dealer who said that there's nothing else to do except swapping out the radio - which is ridiculous. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
My 2010 had a strange habit of losing all of the presets, I took it to the dealer and they did the same fix you are talking about, only lasted a day, I would reset them all the they would be gone again a day or two later, if it had not been a CPO car I would have went with a used one or aftermarket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts