Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
I had the SpeedArt, and I think it is the same thing I loved it, i had it on my 2008 CS it had a deep sound, not loud until you bring up the rpm's, mine was about 8 year old, when I got another car.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a 987.2 CS with FVD "lightweight" mufflers. Great sound, not to loud unless you wind it up. I get a bit of drone between 2K and 3K when I lug the motor. Good quality/fit, made in Germany. Rhonda from FVD is very helpful.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I have a Brombacher Sound muffler on my 2005 BS and have no complaints/regrets. The exhaust note is pitch perfect, with no drone 2000-3000rpm - I'm going to purchase Nello's NHP 200 Cel Short tube headers along with the Softronic tune later this Spring. Without a flash or headers there's a noticeably better throttle response and the top down experience is much better. Slightly louder when moderately accelerating, but in a great way. At WOT there's a sound coming out of the back of the car that makes a little bit of awesome leak out of your eyes, haha.

Jeff

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not sure if you are still looking, but that is the exact system I installed on my 987.1 CS.

Fit: Pretty good. The tips are fixed, so you have to adjust the whole muffler to get the desired fit
Finish: Very good
Longevity: Unsure. On day 2
Sound: Amazing. See attached video. That said, I believe DFI engines might be a little quieter/smoother in the 987.2 gen. I would NOT want it to be any more quiet than it is. After about 40 miles of hard driving, the packing seems to have burned off a lilttle and it's woken up a little bit more.

·
Registered
170 Posts
So, I'm finishing up my new-old '07 Boxster S and want to tackle the age old exhaust issue. Been there done that with exhausts that need a flash or you get CEL, and things that are too loud. This FVD Brombacher Online Shop - BES98705001S - Sport Muffler "Brombacher" 987/S Boxster, TÜV version, Stainless Steel, 2x90mm - Tuning ? Exhaust ? Mufflers looks promising to me. Does anyone have it and your thoughts? Quality, fit, longevity, all are things I'd like to know about.

Thanks,

Andy

[video]http://tinypic.com/r/33z8ack/9[/video]

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
So, I'm finishing up my new-old '07 Boxster S and want to tackle the age old exhaust issue. Been there done that with exhausts that need a flash or you get CEL, and things that are too loud. This FVD Brombacher Online Shop - BES98705001S - Sport Muffler "Brombacher" 987/S Boxster, TÜV version, Stainless Steel, 2x90mm - Tuning ? Exhaust ? Mufflers looks promising to me. Does anyone have it and your thoughts? Quality, fit, longevity, all are things I'd like to know about.

Thanks,

Andy
I have the TUV version (headers and exhaust) on my 2014 981s with PDK. Very slight drone just over 2K but that is also related to the fact that mine is PDK. No CEL. The sound is fantastic, tons of compliments at the track. Not too loud on the street. The quality of material and workmanship are exceptional. Rhonda at FVD is super to work with. I've seen some installations of less expensive products. Not worth skimping IMO.
I highly recommend this exhaust.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bringing this one back in my search for an exhaust.
Anyone know the difference between the "sound" and the "tuv" version?

FWIW, i'm in the search for a good exhaust that sounds great, little to no drone, and can pass sound at Laguna Seca.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Funny, after two years of not doing anything I finally ordered the TUV version of this exhaust a week so. I should get it in a couple weeks. If you ask nicely you'll get a 10 percent discount, making this fairly economical.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.