Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
The vehicle looks like it is in excellent condition.

However, I wonder what price you could negotiate on the black 2009 Cayman S they have in stock?

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Let's see they aren't a sponsor so I don't trust them. NO wait, that's not it. ;) I checked our garage and it isn't listed there as belonging to a past member here so I don't trust them, no wait that's not it! It is Cobalt Blue (extra cost paint on 2006) and has low mileage so they are looking for a bit of a premium on it, but not outside what I would expect a dealer to request. I'd start at 38k and work up if needed to whatever you can afford or are willing to pay and then go from there. While you are at it, show them this site and what a wonderful source of information it would be for their customers if they became a sponsor. :)

BTW it has Sport Chrono but does NOT have PASM....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@david: Heh, yeah I saw that. I dont think they want to come down to 40k for that car though :)

And thanks K-Man, I'll see what I can do if I work out a deal. They arent local to me so I dont know what kind of pull I would have on them.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Really nice car, lots of options. It would have been on the high end of most Cayman S of that year. With those miles most dealers around here would be asking $45k for it. As was stated I'd start around 38K for it, but wouldn't have a problem going to $40k on it.

Most 2006 CSs with more miles and a few less options sell in the $32K - $36k range, so $38K - $40k would be fair IMO. You won't find many Gen I cars with this much equipment, very low miles, and in this condition for less.

Cobalt Blue
Full Leather!
19" C. Classic wheels
PCM / NAV
Bose
Sport Seats
SC
Sport Wheel
Xenon lights
Climate Control

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So would you still have a PPI done on the car or would the condition and mileage negate the need to? I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal on the car when I cant really get to see it anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
So would you still have a PPI done on the car or would the condition and mileage negate the need to? I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal on the car when I cant really get to see it anytime soon.
Good question, a PPI is always a good idea but having less than 3k miles I might have a tough time doing it here.

Is it a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) car?

I'd start with....

Check the VIN at CarFax and Autocheck.com
Ask the dealer for a full history including service records if possible.
Ask them why it has so few miles?,...what has it been doing for about four years now?

Might all check out and be on the up and up. If they balk at any of the above, might be too good to be true.

Next, try and enlist someone from this list to take a physical look at it. Most of us love to go check out Porsches! :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spoke to the dealer today, the Carfax for the car is clean and the owner did two oil changes on the car (every 2yrs). The car isnt certified, which isnt great to me, but the car only has 3K miles on it.

The only real problem is that the service history shows the locks in the car were replaced. The dealer says the owners home was broken into and that the keys were taken, but he didnt say the car was stolen.

Question, is there a good way to find out if the car was stolen if all I have is a VIN? Carfax doesnt show it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Spoke to the dealer today, the Carfax for the car is clean and the owner did two oil changes on the car (every 2yrs). The car isnt certified, which isnt great to me, but the car only has 3K miles on it.

The only real problem is that the service history shows the locks in the car were replaced. The dealer says the owners home was broken into and that the keys were taken, but he didnt say the car was stolen.

Question, is there a good way to find out if the car was stolen if all I have is a VIN? Carfax doesnt show it.
If you wanted, the dealer could certify the car for you but it would add $2000(CPO warranty cost) + any additional cost to bring into compliance for CPO to your purchase price.

If the car was stolen it would have been reported to the police and insurance so then it would show on a carfax/autocheck report.

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
The price seems a bit high, but the milage is super-low and if it's a CPO car, that's obviously worth something.

Is that a grey interior or black? If it's grey, might it be natural leather?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I work a few miles north of Hunt Valley Motors. I'll give it a good inspection and a test drive and let you know, if you're still interested.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Did you ever buy this one? My car came from Hunt Valley. Nice enough dealership. What was the name of the salesman you were talking to?? Maybe Renzy Bryant?

·
Registered
510 Posts
That particular car is no longer available.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That particular car is no longer available.
Are you still in the market for a Cayman S? If so I am more than willing to assist you in your search. Feel free to contact me either via e-mail or phone at your convenience so that I may have a better understanding of exactly what you are looking for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts