Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bit the bullet today and ordered a set of 18" RG5s from Wheel Enhancement:

I wanted to keep my wheels at 18" as I've already installed Eibach Pro-Kit springs and the ride already feels like stock with 19" rims. Plus, I can simply transfer my current 18" tires and not have to worry about buying new 19" tires.

Anybody have these rims already? If so, how do you like them?

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Well, I bit the bullet today and ordered a set of 18" RG5s from Wheel Enhancement:

I wanted to keep my wheels at 18" as I've already installed Eibach Pro-Kit springs and the ride already feels like stock with 19" rims. Plus, I can simply transfer my current 18" tires and not have to worry about buying new 19" tires.

I have RS98 Monolites - quite similar - and I love them.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
240 Posts
What are the weights on these?

Thank you,
Charles

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
80 Posts

Beautiful! I'd love to find a high quality 18" forged wheel for my 987s. We demand pics when you get them installed!

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Those are beautiful...too bad they don't come in 18s. :)
They did on a group buy we did last year. RAC Monolites had them done up in conjunction with Champion. About 15-20 of us have them. But they aren't coming up for sale too often. The ones you are getting are just as nice imo. Get some pics up when you get them mounted! They'll be like frosting on the cake!

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from Wheel Enhancement. Really liking the RG5s. Now I just gotta find a good way to clean the wheels and brake calipers without having to take the wheels off every time...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just got back from Wheel Enhancement. Really liking the RG5s. Now I just gotta find a good way to clean the wheels and brake calipers without having to take the wheels off every time...

Very nice. Offsets look good too! Do you happen to know:
- weights
- offsets?

I'm not going to ask about price :)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Beautiful wheels - car isn't too shabby either!;)

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Very nice. Offsets look good too! Do you happen to know:
- weights
As I stated in post #5 above: 18.7lb 18x8.5 front, 19.7lb 18x10 rear. Compare that to the OEMs, which are 21.9lb front and 24.1lb rear. Total unsprung weight savings = 15.2lb.

- offsets?
I don't know the exact offsets, but what I do know is that the fronts are 0.5" wider and the rears are 1" wider than OEM, and the new wheels fit virtually flush with the fenders without spacers, so I'm assuming the offsets are going to be really close to stock.

I'm not going to ask about price :)
That was the hardest pill to swallow, but Wheel Enhancement did give me a great deal that I couldn't refuse. MSRP for these wheels is $4666/set.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts