Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was interested in a Turbo Cayman and wanted to get some impressions/maybe a ride. Any issues with smog, reliability, or tracking?

Please PM if you're open to meeting up or talking on the phone, I'm near LAX.

Thanks!

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,631 Posts
Caliman, there are a several threads dealing with Cali smog issues, reliability and tracking on this site. Use the search function to find them. The short answer is that it is not legal in CA even though it will pass a DME plug in and or sniffer test. 987.1 cars have the same track issues with or without the turbo. The turbo doesn't make them any worse. On the street the reliability is very good with some turbo cars having over 100k miles.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I was looking for feedback specifically from the greater LA area. What shop do you bring your turbo for smog or service, 91 octane, etc.? Any chance I could go for a ride?

That sort of thing..

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,631 Posts
Vision Motorsports in Laguna Hills has done several cars. 91 Octane is not an issue with the standard tune. Because of the CARB issues TPC turbos are like hen's teeth is Cali.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was looking for feedback specifically from the greater LA area. What shop do you bring your turbo for smog or service, 91 octane, etc.? Any chance I could go for a ride?

That sort of thing..
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone would announce who they take their turbo Cayman in for a smog to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts