Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son just graduated from San Jose State University with a Bachelor's of Science in Health Science (Concentration in Health Service Administration). He is currently beginning his job search for a general administrative position in a healthcare organization, and would like to transition to compliance when the opportunity arises. He's doing what I think are all the standard things to get his intentions out in the public (LinkedIn account, posting on various job websites, checking the websites of local heathcare providers, keeping touch with his former professors, etc...). He did do a considerable amount of volunteering at a local nonprofit healthcare organization which helped him get experience and recognition, but unfortunately they do not have any open positions.

My background is Engineering/Technical, so I'm a completely useless in terms of using any connections I have to help him find a job.

If there is anyone here on P9 who works in the Health Services Admin field who can offer any suggestions on how to find a job for a recent (and brilliant and personable I might add :)) college graduate, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I would start here, there is some good info on this site.

Healthcare Administration Jobs, Healthcare Management Jobs at Health Jobs Start Here

I am in the medical field but I do medical sales, and to be honest after 15 years I am looking to get out because the industry is changing and the money is not close to what it used to be. My wife is a MedMal defense attorney and she is killing it. My older brother is a surgeon. If my brother could get out he probably would but he has to much time invested and cares to much about his patients to leave.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave-t! I appreciate the info!

I hope things work out for you in any changes you might make. The healthcare industry is definitely changing, and not for the better for all involved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts