Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Friends

as a new member I am sorry if this has been posted, asked and answred elsewhere but i really tried to research before posting,

i have got a really good price on the Eros 2 frunk hood and i am contemplating on either the Eros 1 :

Porsche 987 Cayman 997 Turbo GTO Sport 911 Hood New | eBay

or Eros 2 and wanted to ask for opinions and or advice before putting down the plastic card on one of these.

eros 2 frunk hood here :

05 12 Porsche Cayman Eros Version 2 Duraflex Body Kit Hood | eBay

as I see these they would really improve the look on the 987.1 models and make my Cayman S stand out from the usual suspects even though I like the original look too :) Never seen ine IRL and doubt that I will see many of them here in Stockholm Sweden so good/bad?

just worried about fitting and quality but what you all think about the look of these and anyone have one of them installed?

Thanks in advance and what a Great Forum to talk to all you knowledgeble people who loves Porsche cars as much as I do.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Some things to consider:
1) Fitment is probably downright terrible... most of the body kits sold on eBay are cheaply made in china and almost always need some kind of work to come close to fitting
2) Its HIGHLY recommended to use hood pins.... I believe the standard latch on these FRP hood is much weaker than OEM
3) I'd be curious about weight... it might actually be HEAVIER than your aluminum hood

Lastly, a complete personal opinion: Its tacky. Reminds me of 90's hondas covered in fiberglass body kits.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Some things to consider:
1) Fitment is probably downright terrible... most of the body kits sold on eBay are cheaply made in china and almost always need some kind of work to come close to fitting
2) Its HIGHLY recommended to use hood pins.... I believe the standard latch on these FRP hood is much weaker than OEM
3) I'd be curious about weight... it might actually be HEAVIER than your aluminum hood

Lastly, a complete personal opinion: Its tacky. Reminds me of 90's hondas covered in fiberglass body kits.
Pretty much everything he just said...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Add a stripe or two to your car if you want to change the look of it or make it more unique, but not that fugly hood. Please.

·
Registered
146 Posts
err .. to me, the cayman is all about how it drives, the appearance is not all that relevant.
if there's a curve or a crease or a line on the bodywork, it's there to do something.
i really don't think that Porsches are 'pretty' cars but rather deliciously over-engineered 'road juicers' that you might occasionally polish while ruminating about future corners.

skip the faux hood .. you've got the best one already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts