Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0285.JPG
I am trying to install my new stereo head for my 2007 987 boxster myself, after I took the old unit out I have no idea which is which.

·
Registered
208 Posts
do you have an adapter or installing a new amp as well? the stock system runs off canbus (the orange two wire one) and will not work out of the box with an aftermarket unit. there are lots of threads on this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have an adapter or installing a new amp as well? the stock system runs off canbus (the orange two wire one) and will not work out of the box with an aftermarket unit. there are lots of threads on this.
I saw a lot ppl done with aftermarket unit, I wonder what they did with this orange wire?
And I am not familiar with this , but is a new amp necessary for replace the head with GPS?

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Not exactly sure what your original post was asking, but here's the CDR-24 wiring connection diagram. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hT_tiaAzG2dE94ZHBxdzRLUzQ/view?usp=sharing
The sub-assemblies are contained within a standard Quad-lock connector. If you are doing a DIY install, just get the EuroMotorSpeed kit and it will have instructions, an adapter, antenna adapter, bezel, mounting brackets, and world-class tech support.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Just saw the title of this thread and can't resist :helpme:

Answer: to conduct electricity.

Reactions: 16984
1 - 5 of 5 Posts