Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who play either one or both of these games, it might be fun to chase each other's lap times on various tracks. Here's my gamertag if anyone wants to add me to their friend's list on the XBOX.

stampee

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
For those of you who play either one or both of these games, it might be fun to chase each other's lap times on various tracks. Here's my gamertag if anyone wants to add me to their friend's list on the XBOX.

stampee

Did you know you can put your Gamertag into your profile here and it will show up some of your xbox stats and games, etc. and in your posting info.

I still need to pick up Forza 6, just haven't had time...

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Radio zero - that looks like an incredible setup. I got my first computer game ever for Christmas - FM6 with the Logitech29 wheel/pedal set. But since I have never played a computer game and the wheel/pedal set is nothing like my CaymanS, I am struggling and am still using assists but I really like running at all the world class tracks. I am running solo until I get my "computer" technique" down but it is a lot of fun, I really like it. I am learning and making progress, but I have a long way to go.. If you have any tips for a beginner please post them. I can use the help,

·
Registered
120 Posts
i am definitely not a Pro, but i wanted a nice rig. Rig is a GT Omega Racing, the Art model, prices start at $ 400 including Frame and Seat. (No Affiliation to them)

i race in the Average category and can typically win or place at that level. when i jump to "Above Average" i struggle to stay in the top 10. i race Career mode and do it for fun.

i don't race multiplayer because i don't care for the smack talk that you hear online. plus, i don't want to get beat by a 10 yr old using a hand controller.....

i still like to race a little dirty and some online people get seriously upset when you use their car as your guardrail in a turn. :crazy::dance:

i noticed turning TCS off but leaving STM on, made me faster. maybe someone that really knows what they are doing in FM6 would jump in and tell us the do's and don't to make us better.

whenever i look at the leader boards after a race, i am always 20 seconds behind the top player. that is a Huge gap!!

i have tried Gran Turismo on PS but never liked it as much as the Forza series.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Radiozero said: "i still like to race a little dirty and some online people get seriously upset when you use their car as your guardrail in a turn. "

LOL! The first time I raced against 1 other car my Enzo ended up looking like a Chrysler K car. I can drive the Enzo at 176mph on the long straight at COTA with all the assists on. But it doesn't really help at all because until you turn the assists off, I wasn't really learning how to drive in the game. So I keep easing off the assists once I notice I am impoving.Still I am amazed at the graphics, sound, track accuracy and have no doubt that anyone with computer game experience would pick the game up quickly. I haven't had this much fun on a computer in quite some time. And I am tracking my Cayman at COTA at the end of February and will be curious to see if having the track memorized will help me with REAL driving :burnout:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I play FM6 but rarely, if ever, go online. Xbox tag: Radio Zero
nice rig. I wished i have that kind of space in my room for that setup. I'm using the Playseat Challenge chair with the Thrustmaster TX wheel. When I'm done playing, I just fold up my rig and put it behind my tv. I just added you to my friends list on xbox live.

I only play career mode and rivals mode. I generally don't like playing online with other humans either because their definition of racing is ramming each other to get ahead. I much rather do hot laps to climb the leaderboards in rivals mode.

800 Posts
Wow I definitely don't have a set up like that. Myself and a few buddies went in on all the logitech stuff, XBox One, and FM6, and then we used one of my factory Z28 seats and built the stand out of wood for $20...not even going to bother putting up a picture haha. Works well though! The gamertag I use when i'm on is "Club Apex". Hitting Daytona tonight to try and beat my time in preparation to going there this weekend haha

·
Registered
120 Posts
Did you know you can put your Gamertag into your profile here and it will show up some of your xbox stats and games, etc. and in your posting info.

I still need to pick up Forza 6, just haven't had time...
you can buy online via Xbone and all is good. No need for the store bought version.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wow I definitely don't have a set up like that. Myself and a few buddies went in on all the logitech stuff, XBox One, and FM6, and then we used one of my factory Z28 seats and built the stand out of wood for $20...not even going to bother putting up a picture haha. Works well though! The gamertag I use when i'm on is "Club Apex". Hitting Daytona tonight to try and beat my time in preparation to going there this weekend haha
i will be at the Daytona race on Saturday. Hope to see you there!

Matt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts