Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try running 245 width tires in front to reduce understeer?

I believe I have the carrerra wheels, but am not sure. I attached a picture of my car with the wheels for reference. I know that they are 19 inch and the stock size is 235 front and 265 rear.

What is the maximum width I can run with these rims front and rear?

Thanks,

Gumpy.

·
Registered
278 Posts
you can run 245 no problem. you can also look into getting some more camber to the front tires, that'll definitely help. there are some threads on here about how to get some more neg camber on stock suspension. I went with coilovers and LCA's and on the way home, i felt oversteer for the first time in this car. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Try changing alignment before you spend on bigger tires. Factory is stock +.5 when you can go to max negative of about -0.8 on most cars. That's 1.3 change.
If it's a street only car i would do something like -0.5 front camber and run tire pressures with front lower, like 29-32 front & 33-36 rear. What's factory pressures for 19"'s ?
If you plan to autocross and DE then go with max negative front camber and equal front & rear tire pressures.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I recommend and agree with previous posts to maximize front camber to -.7 or so. You will not notice appreciable tire wear. I don't have experience with 19" wheels but with 18" wheels, 33 Hot front is about the minimum before experiencing roll-over. A DIY mod to help balance the car might be a Tarret rear sway bar. I liked one hole off full stiff with the stock front swaybar.

·
Registered
415 Posts
For autocross get all the negative front camber you can. Our shop car is set up with -2.5 front and -2.1 rear and we can get a nice amount of power on oversteer and nice neutral turn in.

We run 245/275 tires.

Cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
For autocross get all the negative front camber you can. Our shop car is set up with -2.5 front and -2.1 rear and we can get a nice amount of power on oversteer and nice neutral turn in.

We run 245/275 tires.

Cheers
Ditto, except mine has -2.5 on the rear, too. Done by lowering to get -2.5 on rear, and added front GT3 LCAs to get -2.5 on the front. And, am on Nitto NT01 245/40/18 front and 275/35/18 rear with very nice balance.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts

We run 245/275 tires.

Cheers
What kind of tires are you running for autocross? Street? How is the wear? I am set up with -2.5 all around and experience a little push on turn in. Thinking of reducing rear camber or increasing rear pressures.
Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.