Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been feeling some vibration in the gas pedal of my 981BS at various combinations of road surfaces/speeds, in addition to what feels like an unreasonably stiff return spring. Neither is hugely objectionable, and both characteristics have always been present. Curious if anyone else has these (minor) complaints.

The vibration isn't noticeable in the steering wheel as would normally be the case with wheel balance issues... but maybe the new power steering system/linkage is keeping me from feeling it.

If it matters, I have the aluminum pedals...

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
The return on my throttle pedal is also very stiff, but I don't have any vibration.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
No I haven't noticed any vibration in the throttle or anything else that feels unusual.
The only thing I notice is road noise from the tires but no vibration from the throttle or in the shifter. Shifter has loosened up a bit and the clutch also does not feel heavy anymore. Everything is falling in place perfectly except the electronic gremlins that keep changing my side mirror settings.
You may just be feeling the road surface because your foot is always on the gas.:)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
No vibration here either. I've gotten used to the heavy clutch and throttle return springs .... I think it's more muscle memory than actual break-in.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good feedback, thanks. After a couple hundred more highway miles, I don't even think it's a wheel balance issue, just a matter of normal road vibrations coming through the aluminum pedal. The dead pedal feels much the same way. A conventional hard rubber pedal would probably render the effect unnoticeable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts