Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyday I step into my cayman I always hit 3 buttons... I wish there was a way to keep them on always, or so that they are always activated when I start my car. just curious is there anyway to program so these are always turned on?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
You might be able to do it with an aftermarket software flash.

Why keep the spoiler up all the time while you drive, though? It doesn't really provide any aerodynamic benefit under 75mph.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Softronic tune will keep SC always activated.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Softronic tune will keep SC always activated.
I suspect the answer is regional specific and reflects how we usually drive our cars. I rarely have all three on.

With 19 inch wheels and the many potholes around here, PSAM on is too rough. Below 75 MPH, the rear spoiler adds little as there is little "raer wheel lift" to spoil. I sometime use the Sport button for the trottle map.

But when I start a DE session, all three are ON. Either way, it is still a hoot to drive. Ed

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I find that Sport mode is too sensitive for traffic driving, and as Casey said, I dont want to get caught parking with the spoiler up!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have SC and PASM but 80% of the time both are off.
:thanks:

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
I find that Sport mode is too sensitive for traffic driving...
After 6 months you get used to it and then you like it more. However later it tends to feel like the engines a bit sluggish if its not on.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I always have my sport button on but PASM turned off around town. I much prefer the sharper throttle response with sport on..

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
After 6 months you get used to it and then you like it more. However later it tends to feel like the engines a bit sluggish if its not on.
You're right, but adding to the throttle response, the tip gear changes are too "strong" for traffic driving too!

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
I always have my sport button on but PASM turned off around town. I much prefer the sharper throttle response with sport on..
I agree with Tony here. Even with winter tires, PASM Sport setting is a little too jiggly for most of our roads.

FWIW, I have Softronic plenum and flash with stock exhaust. With this setup, SC Normal is very drivable. I usually don't hit the sport button until the car is well warmed up. I save PASM Sport for the track or exit ramps.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sports chrono is always on, sometimes when I forget to turn it on, I feel like the car is sluggish, that's how I know I forgot to switch it on. Then I turn it on .. ohhh yaa.. much better.
I don't see why you want to wing on all the time !? Just for looks !?

·
Registered
236 Posts
This doesn't answer OP's question either, but I drive with SC on 90% of the time, unless it's bumper to bumper then i turn it off. I also have the spoiler up quite regularly, not on daily work commute, but most other times, I like the look plus dont get to drive over 75 mph that much, not enough points left on my licence, :(.

What's the problem with having the spoiler up when you're parked???

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Would have said the same. Turn it on and pulll the fuse, should be on then all the time.
Wouldn't you also have an error message showing up on the dash all the time as well? :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have the PSE so it's another variable to the mix. It's nice to be able to "customize" your car to different driving scenarios but sometimes I wish it was just a fixed spoiler and sports on for everything!

For example, I actually prefer the smoother throttle modulation of the normal mode, But then I lose the PSM higher threshold and the PSE on (activated by sports mode). As for the spoiler I tend to press the up button if I'm doing a road where the speed goes up and down a lot, keeps the spoiler from doing a jumping jack all the time.

To solve the spoiler issue you could always buy a GT3 but that's a tad expensive...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts