Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ticked over 50K on my 2007 daily driver Cayman 2.7 with no major issues whatsoever. Routine maintenance only. Rear tires lasted 40K, fronts will probably go 60K. Replaced the front brake rotors and pads at 25K, but this was probably due to several days of "spirited" driving on the first "Rock N' Croc" rally. Lids on the little cargo bins on either side of the engine bay are a little squeaky sometimes, but I shoot with some Audi spray lube and they quiet right down. Car runs well and handles beautifully. 18-19 mpg around town, routinely 26-28 on the highway. Could get 30 mpg if I set the cruise control on 75 and just left it alone, but I can't resist pushing the car. Have cruised serveral times at 130 for 8-10 minutes or so in the deserts of California and Arizona. Couldn't be happier with the Cayman.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just ticked over 50K on my 2007 daily driver Cayman 2.7 with no major issues whatsoever. Routine maintenance only. Rear tires lasted 40K, fronts will probably go 60K. Replaced the front brake rotors and pads at 25K, but this was probably due to several days of "spirited" driving on the first "Rock N' Croc" rally. Lids on the little cargo bins on either side of the engine bay are a little squeaky sometimes, but I shoot with some Audi spray lube and they quiet right down. Car runs well and handles beautifully. 18-19 mpg around town, routinely 26-28 on the highway. Could get 30 mpg if I set the cruise control on 75 and just left it alone, but I can't resist pushing the car. Have cruised serveral times at 130 for 8-10 minutes or so in the deserts of California and Arizona. Couldn't be happier with the Cayman.
That is awesome to hear! I just took delivery of my 2010 Cayman S around 6 weeks ago and love everything about it so far. Not that one buys a Porsche to get great gas mileage however just curious does it take some time after the break in period to start seeing better mileage? I have only been getting around 15 mpg. Not driving that hard yet since not broken in. Have hit it a little hard a few times for fun because I cannot resist. Would be very happy with 19 around town and very pleased with 26 on the hwy. That would be sweet for a high performance car. My Cooper S only gets around 23 around town and 35 on the hwy if on a long trip. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That is awesome to hear! I just took delivery of my 2010 Cayman S around 6 weeks ago and love everything about it so far. Not that one buys a Porsche to get great gas mileage however just curious does it take some time after the break in period to start seeing better mileage? I have only been getting around 15 mpg. Not driving that hard yet since not broken in. Have hit it a little hard a few times for fun because I cannot resist. Would be very happy with 19 around town and very pleased with 26 on the hwy. That would be sweet for a high performance car. My Cooper S only gets around 23 around town and 35 on the hwy if on a long trip. Thanks for any feedback.
My '09 CS (6 speed) is well past the break-in period. During the summer I was getting 32-33 MPG on the highway, and 20-21 MPG around town. MPG has dropped a few now that temps are in the 20's & 30's.

·
Registered
389 Posts
My '09 CS (6 speed) is well past the break-in period. During the summer I was getting 32-33 MPG on the highway, and 20-21 MPG around town. MPG has dropped a few now that temps are in the 20's & 30's.
Thanks! That is good news. I had heard that 09's were getting better mileage. Guess I need to be patient...

·
Registered
667 Posts
93,518 miles. No issues.

Regular maintenance, 3rd set of tires (plus a set of winter tires on their 2nd season),
2nd set of brake pads (still on original rotors, though I'll need them by spring time),
10 track days.

·
Registered
159 Posts
that's great to hear. I picked up an 07 CS a few weeks ago with 12k miles on it. I avg about 12-14k miles a year so it'll be a while till 50k though.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
93,518 miles. No issues.

Regular maintenance, 3rd set of tires (plus a set of winter tires on their 2nd season),
2nd set of brake pads (still on original rotors, though I'll need them by spring time)
Gonna be the first one to 100k????? :dance:

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
51K. No problems, many track days - - still love the car!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Here is a thread for "post your miles"...several in the 40k+ and several of those post are from 08.

http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-chat/23194-who-here-has-most-miles-their-cayman.html

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
Just ticked over 50K on my 2007 daily driver Cayman 2.7 with no major issues whatsoever.
I just ticked over 15K on my 2007 Cayman 2.7. Oh, you said 50K! Sorry. :(

Mine is a daily driver as well. I just don't drive too far now that I'm retired. :eek:

·
I'm an excellent driver ....
1,628 Posts
You mean 40 and 60K as in miles on the tires???? 20 or 30K maybe, but 40K on the REARs???

Wowsa, only have about 28K on the Cayman, about 17K on the tt and 16K on the RS60. Cayman is on the second set and will soon get Winter tyres. The tt and RS60 are still on their original and will definitely stay on those until Spring.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have 44k on the clock and have had zero problems with the car, aside from normal wear and tear (new front pads for the PCCBs, oil changes, tires, break fluid, etc).

My car has revo software, fabspeed exhaust and evo intake... so not completely stock (granted, not really "strung out" either).

As the warranty period is almost up, I'm starting to look into doing the TPC turbo kit... while I'm slightly worried about increased stress on the engine, the kit is only running 5.5lbs of boost and our cars seem to be incredibly resiliant

·
Registered
372 Posts
66666 miles for me on my 06. Revo flash, and B&B exhuast with LSD. three sets of rear tires, two sets on the front and now a check engine light that has to do with the 02 sensors. Not sure what that is about but will have it checked out this week at Ruf in Dallas......oh and the countless rattles and squeaks, but other than that nothing major.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rear Tires

Yep, rear tires replaced at 40K. Well it might have been 38K and I did run them to the wear indicators and maybe a bit beyond while I researched replacement. No track days, no autocrossing, mostly freeway miles, and proper inflation.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Re: Rear Tires

Yep, rear tires replaced at 40K. Well it might have been 38K and I did run them to the wear indicators and maybe a bit beyond while I researched replacement. No track days, no autocrossing, mostly freeway miles, and proper inflation.
17" Cayman tires? Right? These will go that far.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts