Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they make a difference in front end "feel"?

One of my sway bar links has a busted boot, thinking about going with something like Tarret Adjustable bar end links.

Car is an occasional daily driver, no track or auto cross but willing to put up with harsher ride for better front end feel

Please chime in if you have any experience with similar products

Thank you

·
Registered
371 Posts
Do they make a difference in front end "feel"?

One of my sway bar links has a busted boot, thinking about going with something like Tarret Adjustable bar end links.

Car is an occasional daily driver, no track or auto cross but willing to put up with harsher ride for better front end feel

Please chime in if you have any experience with similar products

Thank you
Adjustable links allows you to adjust out preload on your sways when you corner balance your car, yes most adjustable links (including tarett) uses spherical bearings but I doubt you’ll really feel much difference with standard oem suspension with rubber bushings everywhere else...

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I have a 5 hole adjustable front, 4 hole rear Tarett sway bar and adjustable Tarett down links. The end links are covered with a rubber boot to help prevent dirt and other material from entering the bearing surface. It also "helps" prevent bearing rattle. The link barrel is an anodized burgundy color and looks kind of cool as well.

I had my car corner balanced when the adjustable sway bars were installed. I asked about the 200 lbs driver preload, when changing the sway bar stiffness settings. That setting is in the length of the adjustable down link, so when it is reconnected to the sway bar, even in a different hole, the preload is reestablished when the link is tightly torqued to the bar.

When I have changed the swaybar stiffness, I torque the right side first, then the left, but I really have not noticed that bar end to be out of alignment to the swaybar hole. I would think it would be a larger non alignment, which would put a preload twist into the swaybar.

The first time I did this adjustment, I put in 200 lbs of exercise weights on my drivers seat thinking I need to preload the car. The bar ends were a perfect match, which is expected. But without the weight, I really cannot see that difference. The install shop said customers change the swaybar settings all the time at the track or their garage without adding the drivers weight once the downlinks are adjusted to that weight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.