Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided on two mods for my '99 Boxster this year the ROW M030 suspension and some headers. I've read here, and on other forums, about owners using headers bought on eBay and Sportech uses a pair of Chinese headers bought on eBay and really likes them. Problem is no one remembers the brand they bought and there are at least a half dozen on eBay at prices from $79-$500. They all pretty much say the same thing about what and how they are made but some have a warranty and some don't. Here's the ones I'm looking at they are -
"OBX High performance racing headers are made out of pure SUS-304 stainless steel. Dyno tested at low end and top speed to increase horsepower. Precision mandrel-bend to enhance exhaust gas flow. These two piece type headers are easy to install. Value-added bolt-on headers for any racing sport performance enthusiast.

Dyno tested and proven

Direct bolt-on without modification

T-304 stainless steel mandrel bend for ultra fast flow

CNC machine flanges with TIG and MIG welded construction

Utilizes factory 02 sensor position

Gaskets and hardware included

Lifetime warranty from manufacturer defects"
Anyone using these or another brand from eBay and what is your take on them?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sure., better think it over. I have already wasted some on catback and header.
waist of money!!! already had to replace the "No brand catback" and already looking for a header...to replce a N.... HEADER!!!

DONT WAIST YOUR MONEY GO FOR THE WELL KNOWN BRANDS!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought a set of the $100 headers for a 996. I don't even have a 996 but was curious...
They actually don't look half bad. The welds and collectors were not the worst I'd ever seen, that's for sure. I never installed them to see how they held up. Just been sitting on the floor for over a year now lol.
Not saying I would recommend them, but I was surprised at the quality of a $100 pair of headers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.