Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed that oksailor ordered his GTS in this combo and it struck me that I haven't seen any others in real life or on the Internet with this choice besides me!

I've seen Anthracite Brown with Espresso Natural Leather, Luxor Beige, Black and even the Agate/Amber partial leather (with orange seat inserts) interior but no Agate/Amber full leather until oksailor's GTS spec.

Did any of the other 19 ABM owners (based on the Planet 9 colour survey) choose the full leather Agate/Amber combo?

Just wondering if my spec (if curious,see the ABM photo gallery - 6 out of the 7 pictures are mine!) is so far off the beaten track that when time comes to resell, my target market will be severely limited! I thought BJR's $$mobile was as rare as they get (lime gold exterior with full leather agate/lime gold interior), but I saw this combo (without the Mahogany, carbon Fibre, Leather vents etc etc) on a Boxster in the Calgary Porsche showroom.

Thanks for humoring my curiosity!

·
Registered
700 Posts
It may just be us, guess we'll see...

I am seeing quite a few orders with the amber interior in other colors, so it seems to be well accepted, especially when seen in person. Obviously for resale white with black interior is likely the most common but I have never been one to option a car for resale. Are you already thinking of selling or just speculating?

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi oksailor,

Not selling! Enjoying the car immensely :)

Just found it interesting that Anthracite and full Agate/Amber is such a rare combo! I ordered mine in June 2012 and to my knowledge, you are the only one since then to spec the same exterior/interior!

I would have thought it would have been more popular - guess our choice of colours is an acquired taste!

Long after I got mine, I found a picture of a Ferrari California which had this scheme, I think it looks good too:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After 10 years - I'm still enjoying my Anthracite Brown/Amber Orange/Agate Grey flat six convertible! Added Cosmetic touches throughout the years (Alcantara Steering Wheel, Storage Cover with Porsche Crest amongst others) and Performance Upgrades (FVD Brombacher for 352hp) but to celebrate the 10 year anniversary - Gulf Stripes!! Love Gulf Orange and Light Blue contrast effect on this body colour!

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
145 Posts
After 10 years - I'm still enjoying my Anthracite Brown/Amber Orange/Agate Grey flat six convertible! Added Cosmetic touches throughout the years (Alcantara Steering Wheel, Storage Cover with Porsche Crest amongst others) and Performance Upgrades (FVD Brombacher for 352hp) but to celebrate the 10 year anniversary - Gulf Stripes!! Love Gulf Orange and Light Blue contrast effect on this body colour!

View attachment 284651
Gorgeous!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts