Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if such expensive option is somehow different or improve than the one availabe for the old one and if does give some real world benefit other than sound.
Pls chime in.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Porsche Sports Exhaust

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Thanks, with so many members here with after market exhausts I'm sure you'll find the answer.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have a 2010 CS with the PSE and it automatically activates when you press sport of sports plus or can be activated on its own. It is a distinctly different sound to the standard sound and you can tell when its on and off as it has a more deep sound and is a bit more rumbly with a slight roar. For me it is the perfect option as I can drive the car nice and docile with the other half in it and then when she isnt I can put it into sport and open it up a bit. It isnt as deep or loud as the aftermarkets I have heard (couldnt hear myself speak with a friend with a TUBI) but it is more civilised. As for other gains like power etc I have never driven a MK2 without one so i couldnt say but I am sure there is very little or no gain in power. The exhaust does look different from the rear though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2010 CS with the PSE and it automatically activates when you press sport of sports plus or can be activated on its own. It is a distinctly different sound to the standard sound and you can tell when its on and off as it has a more deep sound and is a bit more rumbly with a slight roar. For me it is the perfect option as I can drive the car nice and docile with the other half in it and then when she isnt I can put it into sport and open it up a bit. It isnt as deep or loud as the aftermarkets I have heard (couldnt hear myself speak with a friend with a TUBI) but it is more civilised. As for other gains like power etc I have never driven a MK2 without one so i couldnt say but I am sure there is very little or no gain in power. The exhaust does look different from the rear though.
Thank you Craig. BTW what do mean by "..or can be activated on its own.."?

·
Registered
368 Posts
^ when you get the PSE option you have a button on the centre stack to activate it but if you have sports chrono then it will come on automatically when you select sport or sports plus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts