Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've replaced my AOS with a genuine Porsche model and the oil going into the intake has been drastically reduced. I figured I'd take it further and replace the two hoses that attach to the AOS and I found some interesting things.

The bottom hose requires removal of the back half of the intake. It also terminates in the drivers side front of the engine bay so taking off the front engine panel is mandatory. It is a very tight squeeze but I somehow got it out and back in.

Check out this video of how crispy my lower AOS hose was, man this is bad.

Crispy AOS video

Some pics

·
Registered
596 Posts
I suspect EU standards are part of the reason but across decades of continuous Porsche ownership I have found their polymers to be sub standard. Often the failures were of items that would be an oddity to replace on other brands.

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be fair to Porsche, my car does have 97,000 miles on it. I think when you approach 100,000 miles you have to expect to change some things cause they are just getting old.

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick follow up, car threw code P0444 when I tried to drive to work this morning so I took the Toyota. Got home, checked the code. Turns out I unplugged a plug under the drivers side intake assembly somehow. Quickly found the plug and the socket and plugged it back in, cleared the code and everything is awesome. My car seems extraordinarily happy after this, could be a placebo, but I swear it seems to run better than ever.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Soda: Parts cost only repairs, intake cleaning, AFE power air filter and other tweaks have been clinically demonstrated to double torque and HP on our factory proprietary dynos. Why I remember when single arm spark plugs could be indexed with added washer kits to direct the open area of the plug spark within the combustion chamber. It's those little edges that brought home the trophy for Tom Slick and his thunderbolt grease-lapper.

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Soda: Parts cost only repairs, intake cleaning, AFE power air filter and other tweaks have been clinically demonstrated to double torque and HP on our factory proprietary dynos. Why I remember when single arm spark plugs could be indexed with added washer kits to direct the open area of the plug spark within the combustion chamber. It's those little edges that brought home the trophy for Tom Slick and his thunderbolt grease-lapper.
Click for Tom Slick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts