Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the 987.2 Caymans (2009 and later) have problems with the AOS as well, or is the AOS mainly a 987.1 issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
its a membrane.. that tears.. if one side of the vacuum is too much thats when the membrane tears. The independent recomends to change them on 65k along with the water pump.. but its a optional thing.

Thanks
Lemon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could it lead to a rough idle? I don't have any smoke, etc. and the car only has 23k miles, but I've been trying to solve a rough idle problem. Thanks

·
Registered
666 Posts
AOS issues are mainly with the 987.1 model and not the 987.2. However if there is an issue with your AOS you would be seeing clouds of smoke from your exhaust.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
You don't have to see clouds of smoke to have a bad AOS. When the membrane gets a tear in it, it allows oil to get into the induction chambers which could cause a rough idle. If the tear is big enough, you'll get lots of smoke. My CSS was consuming a bit of oil last summer but no clouds of smoke. Changed the AOS and the drinking problem went away.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
Could it lead to a rough idle? I don't have any smoke, etc. and the car only has 23k miles, but I've been trying to solve a rough idle problem. Thanks
MAS sensor issue. -Made it run too rich.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts