Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I really don't know if this is something to be proud of or not while many are dying of starvation and under occupation in our beloved countries in the Middle East... but I'm sharing this for these pictures are of BEAUTIFUL SUPER CARS regardless of ownership:

ENJOY !

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
part 2 (more BEAUTIFUL HOT CARS )

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
part 3 (more BEAUTIFUL HOT CARS )

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
part 4 (more BEAUTIFUL HOT CARS )

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
part 5 (more BEAUTIFUL HOT CARS )

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
part 6 (more BEAUTIFUL HOT CARS )

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and last but not least...

·
Registered
417 Posts
WAW...some of these cars I have never thought they exist :hilarious:

What I can not understand why people FLY their cars with them! I guess they can not live a day without them. Can not just rent any car they desire while there?!
:thanks:

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
In a lot of cases it works out cheaper to send your car ahead rather than renting the same car overseas, and in many cases they seem to do it when they are away from home for a month or so.

I guess as a status symbol it's pretty cool as well......

·
Registered
607 Posts
Almost all the owners are young males who have some lineage to the Royal Families in their respective countries. They are uneducated guys with hardly any goals or ambitions. I know cause I grew up with these people and am from the same country as them.

Their country has money, and so they spend it all without earning it. In some of the photos, the custom plates they put on the cars can fetch almost as much as the car itself.

Flying their cars in is nothing to these people, whether it be $1 or $100,000, they simply don't care. They have more money than what they know what to do with. I went to Europe 6 months ago and was utterly surprised when I saw people driving around with foreign plates. If I did that in the USA, I would get pulled over and my car impounded.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Yup, that's normal.

Qatar airways had an offer last year, something like 20,000 riyal travel first class to Uk and you get your car shipped as well.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Coooolllll cars! Nice pics thanks for posting and yes it is a shame that some are starving and that some middle east countries are occupied by the lunatic fringe groups, maybe one day we can all live in peace and enjoy the fruits of our labour.......

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup, that's normal.

Qatar airways had an offer last year, something like 20,000 riyal travel first class to Uk and you get your car shipped as well.
Saudi Airlines had the same offer last year... if they do make the same offer this year, I'll fly my mistress with me; no doubt! ;)

I've been inquiring about shipping my car (round trip by ship) to Europe to participate in Porsche Driving School and to the USA for the TPC Racing Turbo and the shipping turned to be not cheap at all... so if I get such offer by flight; I'm in :banana:

Care to join me Doc? :cheers:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Flying your car with you is great.... just imagine all the money you could save by not having to park your car at the airport... ;-)

Does your car come down the baggage chute with your luggage? Do you have to take off your wheels like we have to take off our shoes here in the USA?

Oh it just doesn't stop!

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know cause I grew up with these people and am from the same country as them.
Welcome to Middle East's Forum then... which country was that? ;)

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
some middle east countries are occupied by the lunatic fringe groups
Hmm... I don't want to bring politics into this but let's get the facts right:
1) The occupation is taking place by armies for example my homeland has been occupied since 1948, and another recent country since 2003... and the list is long! :(
2) Those lunatic "fringe" groups were once created, educated, brainwashed and armed during the cold war by the US and were called holy worriers "mojahedeen" because they fought the Rassians... now they are called "terrorists" because their guns turned the other way around ;)

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
You already had with your original post.This is a car sight why oh why do you choose to pontificate about Israel.Maybe i'm a fool for feeling a need to let such passive agressions not go without a responce.It is my belief that this is the second such transgresion from the Middle east site towards Western civilization and world politics.Maybe this thread should be closed too........

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You already had with your original post.This is a car sight why oh why do you choose to pontificate about Israel.Maybe i'm a fool for feeling a need to let such passive agressions not go without a responce.It is my belief that this is the second such transgresion from the Middle east site towards Western civilization and world politics.Maybe this thread should be closed too........
My dear Porsche-friend... You started it by hidden implications! Nevertheless, I won't comment further on the subject. We can always have a mature dialogue in private if you or any other is interested. I don't take things personally... and I don't get offended easily. Feel free to email me or send me a private message.

God bless you :kiss:

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
They are uneducated guys with hardly any goals or ambitions. I know cause I grew up with these people and am from the same country as them.
Let's not generalise guys, whilst you may know a few people I also know quite a few people that do not fit that criteria. Everywhere in the world there are people with more money than sense......

The facts are that when a package like offered by SAR or Qatar Air is offered then is it any wonder why one might take their car with them. I bought my cars because I love them and not just another I can rent somewhere else, so that has to figure into the equation, but also it is a lot cheaper than renting over an extended period.

Please let's not dicuss politics, injustices, religion etc. on here as it is all about the cars and that is the only thing we all have in common, so let's stick to it. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts