Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain this to me please?

I've been checking on color codes and found that each color has two codes listed for the same year... it didn't make any sense! For example the Arctic Silver code is first listed as 92U then you go down in the table and it's there again listed as X1

2006 Porsche Cayman S Touch Up Paint Colors

What does this mean? And what code should you give the paint shop?

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Hassan,

To be sure, someone with a recent car in Arctic Silver needs to check their paint code.

To add to the confusion, I found this: which makes it appear that those codes you mention would be describing the same thing, but then why have different codes?

PORSCHE ARKTISILVER L92U/92U/X1 1996 - METALLIC
PORSCHE ARKTISILVER X1/L92U/92U 1996 - METALLIC
PORSCHE ARKTISILVER 92U/L92U 1996 - METALLIC

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hassan,

To be sure, someone with a recent car in Arctic Silver needs to check their paint code.

To add to the confusion, I found this: which makes it appear that those codes you mention would be describing the same thing, but then why have different codes?

PORSCHE ARKTISILVER L92U/92U/X1 1996 - METALLIC
PORSCHE ARKTISILVER X1/L92U/92U 1996 - METALLIC
PORSCHE ARKTISILVER 92U/L92U 1996 - METALLIC
As far as I understood, the code changes may change from a year to another. But in the link I provided I entered Porsche, 2006, Cayman S... so everything was set, why the conflicting codes on the same page. And this applies not only to Arctic Silver but other listed colors.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the internal option code for arctic is "x1"... color codes are traditionally 4 letters/numbers
I didn't understand what you meant with "internal option code". Now when you want to ask your painter to follow the code, what would the code be for Arctic Silver for example?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
92u, according to paintscratch.com is the code. You can also look at the original option sticker that is under your front hood or in your maintenance book. The sticker should tell you.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
92U is the one you're looking for. Confirmed from my car sticker!

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My "new" 2007 maintenance book sticker says: L92U X1 in the 4th line of codes....
Now the question, is there a color difference between the 92U, L92U & 92U/X1? Who could help us out?

The reason I am going in this dilemma, is to make sure the orange color code I asked the painter to use for the orange was the correct one! I'm afraid there is a difference between code 8C6 and 8C6/M2? :(

I believe this thread would become important to all body works mod guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts