Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of custom wheels from my old 2006 Cayman, and I'm looking at getting a 2014. Are the wheels/offsets identical? Thank you. I know this information is buried in the forums somewhere, but I'm kind of in a rush to figure out my next step here. Much thanks.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
The bolt pattern will be ok but only you know the size and specs of your custom wheels. Go to the build your Porsche page and check out the stock and optional wheels available and do the comparison.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bolt pattern will be ok but only you know the size and specs of your custom wheels. Go to the build your Porsche page and check out the stock and optional wheels available and do the comparison.
Thank you. My question should have been 'will a set of stock rims and tires 18 - 235/265 from the 2006 fit ok on a 2014'. My rims were made to fit stock size tires and are positioned in a similar manner in the wheel well. I'm guessing it's close enough to try at least. If anyone has done this, please let me know.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
The new cars are also 235/265. With that in mind, and knowing from above that the bolt pattern is the same, all you need to find out is whether the offset is the same or near as makes no difference.

I can't answer that... but now you know what to search for. :)

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
I have a set of custom wheels from my old 2006 Cayman, and I'm looking at getting a 2014. Are the wheels/offsets identical? Thank you. I know this information is buried in the forums somewhere, but I'm kind of in a rush to figure out my next step here. Much thanks.
AFAIK yes they should fit, I went through this whole question/answer thing a couple of years ago. I have a set of 2006 18" Cayman S wheels, they were to be my track wheels on the 2013 (never did get them mounted)... now that the 2016 is almost here they will be for that car. If the car ever arrives I will try them on just for you! ;)

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Hey Al. So the big day is almost here :). What are your plans for the old one, trading or selling?
Bill

·
Registered
534 Posts
After doing some research, the offsets of the 987S and the 981S are near identical so fitment should not be a problem.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Hey Al. So the big day is almost here :). What are your plans for the old one, trading or selling?
Bill
Hi Bill, I brought her home yesterday, have a look here!

I have actually been without a car since the end of May, to get what I want from it as a trade-in (saves taxes here too) I had to give it up early. Considering everything it was the best move financially but I did miss three months of awesome convertible weather! Prepping now for the journey to Escape in the Black Hills so I will make up for a little lost time. :)

So as not to go to far off topic, I promise to try the 2006 Cayman S wheels (18") on my car soon!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Hi Bill, I brought her home yesterday, have a look....

I have actually been without a car since the end of May, to get what I want from it as a trade-in (saves taxes here too) I had to give it up early. Considering everything it was the best move financially but I did miss three months of awesome convertible weather! Prepping now for the journey to Escape in the Black Hills so I will make up for a little lost time. :)
Very nice! I like the Dark Blue Metallic. The wheels too. All black leather interior or a combo? The President of our company had a Cayman R and I always liked those wheels. That road trip will be awesome this time of year. My boss just got back from doing a 4 day bicycle trip in the Black Hills as part of his vacation. You're going to have a great time in your new ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts