1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looking forward to it :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Still waiting hope to have it today. Decided to add the GT3 rear bumper as well.. the car is a never ending story :( lol ;)
Hello Jay987GT,

That sound very promising, what other mods do you have planned for this car, or what are the mods already done ?

Btw, your color combo and parts looks awesome :naughty:

Hope you will be happy with the Armytrix

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hello Jay987GT,

That sound very promising, what other mods do you have planned for this car, or what are the mods already done ?

Btw, your color combo and parts looks awesome :naughty:

Hope you will be happy with the Armytrix
Hey Droobui,

So here is what I HAD done previously:

SpeedArt Front Lip
TopSpeed Performance Exhaust
H/R Springs
19" Wheels
Black stripes / decals
TechArt Sides skirts
TechArt GT Wing

What I am doing now:

Armytrix Exhaust System
TechArt Front Bumper ( only the one with 4 spot lights in stock, but LED lights ordered already)
Removal of the H/R springs as the car is too low for bangkok roads and replace them with the stock springs again
TechArt Paddle Shift
GT3 Rear Bumper

Since i removed the H/R springs, the gab between the wheel and the car is just too huge for my taste:

Does anyone have 20" wheels on his cayman 987.2 and pictures of it? Looking for all kinds of recommendations.
Thinking about going with the TechArt wheels as well, but trying to stay a bit unique and probably opt for some ADV1 wheels.
Any input is more than welcome :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Video will be shot properly just like the car pictures the last time with a professional crew. I added more mods, racing plenum, ecu tuning, air filter, 20" forged wheels etc.
Car comes finally back tomorrow and on friday we will shoot a proper video. Regardless ill shoot a short sound clip for you guys ;)

Sorry for the wait!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok.. as promised a short clip of the exhaust.. Racing Plenum, K/N Air Filter installed, Armytrix Valvetronic, Techart GT Front, 20" forged wheels..

and finally heres the video.. sadly the video doesn't do the sound any justice. It's just an iphone mic to record it. It sounds berserk in real life and gets every head to turn around.

VIDEO: https://vimeo.com/111019337

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Around $4,000 plus custom made black tips just for the exhaust. Gotta wait for the professional video, the sound is insane. Inside the car it sounds like a small jet fighter. Maybe its the combo of the exhaust, plenum and air filter but it's almost like a turbo 'hizzzz' sound. 20" Wheels with custom springs are a bliss to drive too. Prefer it over the 19" with H/R Spring combination

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice car. Roads in Bangkok are a little rough for a low car. Sadly, I leave the land of smiles tomorrow, a month every six is too short for Thailand. I think you have it right, move there. My only consolation is I get to drive my Porsche when I get home.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice car. Roads in Bangkok are a little rough for a low car. Sadly, I leave the land of smiles tomorrow, a month every six is too short for Thailand. I think you have it right, move there. My only consolation is I get to drive my Porsche when I get home.
Yeah the roads are not made for 'super cars', especially considering a Cayman costs the same as a GT3 in other countries in Thailand ;)
All the import stuff is so damn expensive.. can't believe i spent 4k+ on an exhaust..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts