Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
As the title shows, I am very interested in this exhaust system after doing a lot of research on the plethora of exhaust systems available. I was hoping to get some comments from fellow members that have this system installed. If there is much if any drone at low RPM's, build quality, and fitment etc. Of course anyone who has any comments can also chime in here as well.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I don't have the exhaust, but...if you're worried about drone at all, I don't know if the exhaust that previously advertised itself as 'the loudest exhaust on the market' will be the right choice for you.

Our motors naturally have a drone, no exhaust can really eliminate it. But, I think it may be cool to have valves closed until 3,500 rpm and then have it open when you get faster than that!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Cant speak for 981 but i do have armytrix fitted on my 987.2. Definitely a great sounded exhaust when open or closed valves. Has all the cracks and burbles when u let off the throttle, upshifts sound great and downshifts oh boy they always put a grin on your face. If you have any other questions about it feel free to PM me

As for the interior drone specifically, the only time i really notice a drone is at about 2-3k rpm going uphill at low consistant speed. Its definitely not a super loud drone and definitely not unbearable. Closing the valves does help a bit but there isnt a huge difference in drone when u close the valves cos the drone is never that bad anyway. There is a huge difference in exhaust sound when they are open or closed

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really don't mind a bit of drone as with the PSE I feel there is a little bit already. Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts